𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

YOU AND CAMILLA WALK DOWN THE

sidewalk eating your ice cream that you stopped to get after class. "So he has trouble remembering you huh?" you ask. 

Camilla shrugs, "He tries his best. He remembered to make breakfast for me this morning. But it was healthy and yucky so I ate a pop tart instead." she smiles and holds onto your hand tighter when a fast car zooms past you guys.

"Reminds me of someone." you laugh and walk up the stairs, "But one day I'll make you the best breakfast ever." you say enthusiastically and Camilla's smile got a bit bigger and she hugged your legs.

"With pancakes?"

It was shocking to see her so out of her normal shell already. She was talking more and it made you happy. "How about chocolate chip pancakes?" you offer and knock on the door twice.

"Yes!" she jumps just as Levi opens the door. "Bye y/n! Hi uncle." she waves at you and pats Levi's thigh when walking inside.

He takes note of the cup in her hand and looks back at you, "How can I get her to eat dinner if she's already eaten sweets?"

"Kids want sweets, not boring yucky food." you say and he rolls his eyes, "And start picking her up or I'll start charging you a walking fee." you hmph even though that was a clear lie and you would walk her anytime she needed.

Levi lets out a sigh and leans against the door, rubbing his face. "You're right." he mutters you almost don't catch it.

A small smile creeps up to your face as you get closer, "Huh? What was that." you ask mockingly and could actually feel the cold stare he was giving you.

"Nothing. Good night." he slams the door and you roll your eyes with a laugh.

"I'm always right mister Ackerman."

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You take a shower after your class and make Sasha dinner for her to eat when she gets back from the gym. You text Armin that you would soon be on your way when you get interrupted with a call. It was your area code which made your eyebrows furrow but you answer anyways.

"Hello?" you say.

"y/n." Levi's voice surprises you and you look at the number again.

"Levi?" you ask, "How'd you get my number?"

He sighs of annoyance, "My niece is a student of yours, they give us your contact information too." 

"Oh." you say shortly, "What's up?"

"I need your help."

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You get to Levi's house in a matter of minutes and he opens the door for you. "I don't know what's wrong with her, I've given her everything." he leads you into the small room. Camilla laid in the middle of the large bed, tears running down her eyes and she wiped them away with the back of her hand.

"Camilla." you say softly and she hiccups.

"y/n?"

You nod with a smile, "Your uncle told me you didn't feel too good." you sit down on the bed and take a hold of her small hand. "He also told me you had a filling dinner, bubble bath and he even read two books." you tickled her stomach lightly that got a short laugh out of her. "What's wrong?"

Camilla looks up at you as you push back her black waves and wipe under her dampened eyes. "I miss my mommy." she whispers and her lips begin to wobble again. You hug her tightly when she inhales a big breath and begins to cry again. You look at the closed door and wondered if Levi was outside trying to listen in.

But you rub Camilla's back and attempt to soothe her. You didn't know how to respond to her so instead you take off your shoes and adjust onto the bed. Camilla lays down with her head in your lap and you brush her hair with a gentle hand. "I'm sorry Camilla." you whisper when she slowly drifted off to sleep.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You grabbed your phone and texted Armin that you weren't be able to make it because of the firm grip Camilla had on your shirt. Anytime you would move she would wake up even for a few seconds to make sure at least someone was with her. You couldn't blame her and decided against trying to make her upset again.

Just as you sent the message the door opens slowly and you look up to see Levi walking in quietly. You look down at Camilla and sigh, "She's asleep."

Levi sits against the wall next to the bed and runs a hand through his hair, "I've never seen her like that." he whispers.

"Kids surprise you." you say with a sad smile, "But all she needed was a hug and for someone to be there."

"I guess this parenting thing isn't as easy as I thought."

"Can't imagine that it is." you make eye contact with him for a few seconds before looking away to say, "She missed her mom.. that's why she was crying." Levi's body tenses and he holds his head in his hands while taking deep breaths.

He doesn't say anything but stands up and scoops Camilla into his arms. She stirs for a few seconds before hugging Levi's neck and laying her head on his shoulder. You scoot off the bed and put your shoes on.

"This room looks like a prison cell."

Levi stops in his tracks, "Excuse me?"

You roll your eyes and gesture, "White walls, white queen bed, white desk I mean.. she's a child they should be exposed to colors and toys." you frown.

"I have a bookshelf." he points and you let out a laugh.

"Doesn't count." you shrug and walk past him. He watches you walk into the kitchen like you own the place and look through his fridge, nothing but vegetables and other stuff that made you gag. "That poor girl is starving." you say in a joking manner. "Boring food." you add when looking at the sad pantry.

You look back at Levi as he carries a sleeping Camilla.

"Tomorrow we're going shopping for her and giving her the life she deserves." you say firmly.

Levi rolls his eyes and walks out of the kitchen, "I don't care. Get out of my house."

"Be ready at five!"

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═