d r o w n i n g

: Edited December 20th 2022; I added the song for atmosphere, though don't worry. It is optional.

✿ ✿ ✿

Kyle and Stan continued to converse with Bea, the two best friends stumbling over their words due to the brunette's beauty. The feeling of envy bubbled in your stomach, the sight of the four boys head over heels for Beatrice left a sour taste in your mouth. You made sure to leave the scene hastily, not wanting to watch any more of the lovesick males.

✿ ✿ ✿

Gym had approached and you sat isolated on the school bleachers. The team captains had forgotten to pick you once again. But hey, at least you were finally getting used to it.

It didn't make it hurt any less though.

You scribbled in a spare notebook. You had shown no sign of attentiveness towards the lined paper however, your eyes were focused on the court. Bea was one of the team captains, not only was she very attractive but also athletic, the only downside of hers was her lack of intelligence. How did you know this? Well, you were supposed to tutor her at one point.

Last year her grades were at a major decline. Rather than study she would hang out with her friends instead and they would play hookie. That point in her life left a small dent in her popularity streak, but people soon forgot about it.

The thing was, she never showed up to any of your tutoring sessions.

The thought made you press down your pencil harder against the notebook.

Am I really that unnoticeable? Really?!

These thoughts kept you up at night, oh how you wanted to just escape to the gate right now. But unfortunately that wasn't an option, gym was about to end and you had to be dismissed early for your violin lessons. Violin wasn't as peaceful as the garden, but the whiny sound of the stringed instrument made you pour your soul into the music you played.

You stared at the notebook, the scratch paper defiled from the enerverating of the pencil. You had ruined yet another page with your sad thoughts.

What a waste..

You ripped out the paper from the spine of the notebook, littering the bleachers with yet another crumpled paper. Just as the bottom of the crumpled sphere hit the metal of the bleacher seats, a loud thud disturbed the silence next to you. Kenny had been hit by a dodgeball and was pinned against the wall behind you. His face was extremely disfigured, but you could still make out his blue eyes among his cluttered face. The blue eyes that burned into your soul, the memory surfaced for the fiftieth time today.

"Oh my god, they killed Kenny!"

"You bastards!"

You rolled your eyes at the two, they always say that but never remember. It pissed you off frankly, no one seemed to notice him die every single day.

You sympathized with the feeling of being forgotten, the disregard for your mere presence always made you miserable. But being killed over and over again, no one none the wiser? You counted that to be infinitely worse.

The whole class went back to playing dodgeball as if nothing ever happened, Kenny's body had slid down to the floor finally halting at a leaning position against the wall.