c u r s e

✿ ✿ ✿
The following week was unbearably slow. Every class moved at a tortoises pace, the afternoons you spent sitting in the garden. Your mental health had gotten worse each passing day, the cracks at the base of the gate had traveled up the pillars. It was getting more unstable, everytime you feared it would crush you before Friday. You wanted the cool flow of a stream to be the last thing you touch, not a bunch of concrete blocks. The growth surrounding the garden had either died or was coated with a shade of pitch black, the sky was no longer a neon blue. Instead it was an inky abyss lacking any stars or moon. The garden was no longer safe to be in, but you didn't care. You just wanted the week to be done with, you could care less about a garden.

Friday had finally approached, and as expected school couldn't have been more slow. But nevertheless you kept on your weak smile. The stream would calm you down, it would make everything better. And if it doesn't it's not like I would know, you would be sleeping for an eternity.
Your smile had lessened.

Is this really the right choice though?

....

I have no other choice so I guess not..

Your Professor had handed back the graded tests, as he handed yours back you spotted the disappointed look in his eyes. Looking at your grade you got a D-

You chuckled, even when miserable you were still so immature. The class had ended and you were called to the professors desk.

"Yes sir.."

Your voice was still as mumbly as ever.

"Since you saw your grade I expect you know what this is about?"

You nodded your head slightly, his sharp green eyes buried into you, it made you shift your legs side to side.

"I've assigned you and your tutor to meet on Saturday in the schools public library, don't miss it."

He narrowed his eyes at you, skeptical of your unusual giddy behavior. He dismissed you from his desk and you plodded away from the school. Not taking your usual root home, you start heading to the bridge.

You walked slower than you had thought you would. You guess you wanted to savor the chilly and crisp atmosphere, the only good thing about this town. You halted your steps, in front of you stood the bridge. You walked over to the the rail and let your book bag slide off of your shoulders, a note that you had written previously slipped from the small side pocket. It detailed how you felt invisible and neglected by everyone around you. You doubted anyone would read it, or know who it was from despite you having your name written on it. Your smile prevailed throughout the walk to the bridge, butterflies exploded in your stomach. Seldom were of excitement. You felt unusually scared.

Am I scared it will hurt? Is that it? That only makes me more pitiful than I was before..

You took your hand and grasped the rail, you carefully pulled your self over the freezing metallic bars. You now were standing at the very edge of the bridge, the wind had decided to pick up just as you stepped onto the outward concrete. You took time to admire your surroundings, the sky was grey with snow clouds. But that only set the atmosphere further. Your eyes had emotion exploding in them, fear, excitement, sadness all mixed into a whirlpool of (e/c) irises. Taking a deep breath you jumped off of the concrete before you slipped and fell unwillingly.