w a t e r

✿ ✿ ✿

Icy water filled the space in between your toes, your shoes long gone. You didn't know how much time you spent in the black prison. Everything had crumbled, your sorry-self caught in the crossfire. The last thing you remember was seeing the final wilting flower fly from its now abandoned perch, then everything went black.

Nothing remained infront of you, only the illusion of your invisible limbs. You lost track of the days, you couldn't remember anything prior to this nightmare. Your head ached, your whole body shivered from the slippery surface your legs submerged themselves in.

You didn't eat, you didn't sleep, you just stood there, waiting for something to happen, something to call you. Every once in awhile you would start a brief treck across the nothingness, you felt as if you had to at least do something, to keep your sanity. Little did you know that it was long gone, all that remained was an empty shell of your former body.

A walking corpse that did nothing, speak nothing, and felt nothing. You probably could have been mistaken as a zombie if you were wandering the streets of...

You forgot again. That was the most consistent thing going on in this bundle of confusion, you would cook up some random thought, not being able to finish it. It didn't frustrate you however, you could care less. All you needed to do was walk forward, doting on the thought would be pointless if it had nothing to do with your 'journey'. There had to be an end at some point...right?

Sitting down for another small rest, you noticed something. It felt off, no longer was the abyss just blank. You heard a faint whirring. You slowly got up and limped to the noise. You didnt know how long you were walking for, but it had been a long time since you started following the peculiar noise. It never got louder, it just stayed the same. The same soft buzzing that just seemed to fade to background noise.

You weren't making any progress.
And slowly, the whirring started to fade.

You felt a feeling you hadn't in awhile, fear.

This could be the end, I can finally end this.

These thoughts caused you to speed up, you ran as fast as you could. The noise continued to fade, no matter how fast you ran.

You breathed in heavily, straining your legs as much as you could. You had to make it. Don't stop moving-

Your bare feet made contact with a weird material. Your foot hooked to the object, and you tripped, falling face first into the freezing water.

Grueling silence caused you to lye there in disbelief as the noise finally escaped from your grasp. You didn't move for a couple of seconds. Your shaky body sluggishly began to curl into a ball, hot tears pricked the bridges of your eyes, melding with the cold lake you lied in. You failed, you failed again..

Just like I failed everyone in South Park

You immediately sprung up alarmed. Who the fuck was that?

You felt the object that tripped you, it was shivering. You looked at where you guessed it to be quizzically. You reached your hand out and poked it.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?!"

You backed up quickly, looking at the somehow darker silhouette that broke the abyss.