b r a v e r y

✿ ✿ ✿

Life in the village was boring. Life, in itself, was boring.

When would it end?

Even if the subject was taboo, she just couldn't bring herself to care for the supposed sensitivity it evoked.

Because for her, it evoked nothing.

She would rather drift away into a cold sea than remain with the people and places that surrounded her.

May the gods strike her down if she had set anything off of its balance, for her presence seemed to do just that. It sucked any individuality from all the males around her.

Flowery words and flushed expressions was all that stalked her everywhere, and to be honest it was a little worrying.

It made her want to sink deep under her thin sheets. It didn't matter to her that the sheets were inherently useless for what she was currently using them for, she would use anything to get out of the daily chores she had to endure. That being having to face the plethora of lovesick males she had accidentally drawn to her.

But the face of her Ma had appeared in several of her restless dreams, giving her a much needed awakening.

She slouched on her bed, contemplating life while looking at the floor.

There was nothing she wanted to do.

But there was something she needed to do.

Her Ma was deathly sick, so she would have to go to the market for bread and other ingredients for a nice warm stu.

Then she would head to the pharmacy, and pray she would be able to afford the Sanocrysin this time.

The pressing weight of her feet when she finally stepped to the floor made the boards creek. An oak wardrobe oh hers held seldom clothes, mostly just ones resembling the lower-class. Though she still tried to keep clean, she washed her clothes everyday.

She picked out a washed out pink dress with a collar of the same flat, boring color.

Buttons lined the top of the rugged gown, making her sigh when she had to button up each one.

She had only one pair of shoes and they were beginning to wear holes. She looked down at her feet, they were dirty and battered, but she could handle going barefoot for the day. It's not like it wasn't commonplace, most people in her town didn't even have shoes.

Finally, she tied her usual apron around her waist, styling the two fabric lines that hung on the back into a bow. She couldn't say she cared, but she atleast tried to look respectable.

Then out she went, smacking Mason Mackey's crops out of her path when she came to it. Today, she just wasn't in the mood to humor their bright green waves.

She had shortly arrived at the market.

She got bread, corn, and a plethera of other vegetables that she struggled to name. She glanced to the pharmacy and held her change tightly in her palm, making the copper stick to her skin.