e v e n i n g

✿ ✿ ✿

The village radiated with heat, the sun killing any snow that had inconvenienced the townsfolk. The water made crops grow an emerald green, their crisp leaves portruded into surrounding fences. They were rickety and old, almost breaking from the leave's non-existent weight.

Fair fingertips brushed the plant, the palm was immediately tickled with dew drops. "Farmer Mackey, at it again"

The old shed belonged to the well-liked farmer, Mason Mackey. The only thing that he did that people scowled at were his nosey crops.

The fingertips pushed the leaves back into their respective fence, wiping the dew off on a cloth apron, belonging to the agent of the hand. It belonged to a fair-skinned lady. Her brunette locks bounced as she walked to the market. She wore a simple maiden's dress, a common piece of attire for a lady her age. But her's was cleaner, no stressed ends, no cinged holes, no ashes. Some people thought she was too perfect to be human. Rest-assured,she was very much a functioning human being.

It was all stored in her eyes. Her beautiful, silver, eyes.

People stared in awe as she passed by. Several boys swooning just at the sight of her.

She passed the stand-owner a copper coin after placing three bread loafs in her basket, her bright eyes thanking the store owner. "Thank you Mr. Murra-"

"Just call me Murray, Bella" he said politely, sliding her copper coin back to her. "And, it's on the house"

"On the.. house?"

Murray chuckled. "That means it's free, Bella"

"Oh.... oh!" she shook her head, slightly horrified. "Then I couldn't possibly take this from you! Please just..accept my money!"

"It's really alright Bella, trust me"

She opened her mouth the retort until a strong force tugged on the bow of her apron. "Wha--"

"Hey princess~"

Her chest twisted in an unkindely manner. The boy caught her slight grimace, giving her that smug smile of his. "Not happy to see me?"

"Yes--now let go of me, Kendall"

"So the maiden has a nasty side? I'll make sure to take note of that"

"If you don't shut up right now I swear to--"

He suddenly pushed her into a nearby alleyway, his tone suddenly changing.

"What the-?!"

"Shhhhhh--do you know what they will do to you if you say their name?!"

Bella rolled her eyes. "What, I'll be cursed? That's just a childrens tale, Ken"

Kendall tightened his grip. "No, I mean what they will do to you.."

He eyed the townsfolk that walked in the light. Sinister blood ran through this town's roots, it was hidden all over. You could see it at the market, in your own home. All because of a false gospel that the town's local douchebag spread years ago.