a n s w e r s ?

✿ ✿ ✿

It was an early Saturday morning, the bright orbiting star had barely peaked out from the horizon, illuminating the sky with a dim light.

You could barely see your feet in front of you, as you made your way to Kenny's house. The street in front of you was blurry, the tips of your fingers shivered. Frost caked your face, your lips a blue hue.

You had urgent news, you had to tell Kenny. Perhaps that could explain why you ran to his house in nothing but a T-shirt and a random pair of shorts. You sucked on your bottom lip, the instinct eventually making it go up in figurative flames. You didn't know why you had to tell him now, you could have done it at school. You shook your head

Too late to turn back now

You finally saw the run down crack house peak from over the rusty train tracks. You sighed a shaky breath, your blistered feet only had to walk a bit further.

Right as you we're about to knock on the splintered door, fatigue ran over you. It could have been because you woke up at five a.m., or the cold, or maybe some other reasonable explanation. But for some reason when you looked back on it you didn't blame it on any of these things. You truly thought that it was the books doing. Nevertheless your eyes drooped down and before you knew it, your head had hit the door, passing out soon after.

You were exhausted.

✿ ✿ ✿

Your head throbbed with a writhing sensation, an aroma of faint copper and dust flooded your nose.

You were confused, not recognizing your surroundings. Your eyes shot open to confirm your suspicion, you were laying upon a crappy couch, the inside of the couch pillows being exposed like a decaying body, several springs randomly stuck out like annoying splinters adding to the ominous feeling.

The walls around you had cracks invading the inside, broken pipes being exposed causing further leakage. Your eyes watered as fear exploded in your body, your stomach twisted and churned, yearning for a familar and safe environment. You tried to remember what had happened, the memories nullifying the more you tried to grasp them until you finally pinched the edge of one.

I was going to Kenny's house and then i passed out.

The throbbing pain suddenly came back, you touched your for head only to feel a warm hand cloth on your head.

You snatched the cloth to observe it,it was clean compared to the rest of your surroundings. It was a light orange sheet with a bit of...

Wait...it that blood?

You threw the flimsy terror across the room as if it was a grenade. To worsen your anxiety, the brass knob of the door began to turn. You curled into a ball,trying to hide yourself from the possible threat.

You squeezed your eyes shut,blobs of color invaded the now dark surroundings.

"You're finally awake"

You opened your stressed eyes to see a familiar hood plodding into view.

He sat on the ripped ending of the couch.He had explained to you how he heard a loud thud on his door,opening the entrance to see you laying on his rubble doorstep, blood sunken into your hair.

You blushed in embarrassment,hiding under the thin blanket once more.

To gain back your attention, he revealed the book in his arms,looking at you quizzically.

"You came here to tell me something..about the book"

A feeling of recovery washed over you,snatching the book back from his cold fingers.

"I-I figured out something,somewhere the ripped pages might b-be."

You stuttered,excited about your newfound discovery. You were also still cold from your environmental wait.

"It reads, 'Henry,I know you haven't been responding,but I've found a lead. A man talked to me today,claiming he knows about my curse. I wouldn't call it a curse but to each their own. He claims to have the answer I'm looking for,scrolls and prophecy's about many people like me. I will be meeting him at his house tomorrow morning,if anything is to happen to me,the man goes by the surname Cartman' "

Kenny's eyes widened,before contorting into a sour glare.

"Then the page after that,the note is all rugged." Your head lowered further into the pages as your urgency grew.

" ─'Henry
My brother,if you are ever to encounter someone by the family name of Cartman,don't even spare them a glance. All his claims of scrolls and prophecies are true,he even granted me some so I could copy them in my notebook. I haven't been fed in days,the last thing I drank was whiskey,that bastard locked me in his cellar,mumbling about how I couldn't leave. Exposing his secrets. Brother please rescue me,the address is-' "

You stopped,Kenny's expectant look bothering you.

"It cuts off there?"

You nodded,his intent stare placing his eyes on the velvety cover.

"So this means..."

"Yep,this is his notebook. My guess is the ripped pages are the copies of the scrolls"

Kenny stood up,walking robotically to the door.

"W-wait,where are you going!"

He mumbled obscenities,anger filling his eyes.

"So help me if that fatass is the one. . . ."  he muttered something you couldn't quite hear.
"─I'm going to beat his ass into next year"

You shivered,but reluctantly followed the blond,not wanting to be left alone in the strange house. You've never seen this carefree soul this angry,you wish it would cease soon.

And hopefully, you would find an answer to your curse.

✿ ✿ ✿