l i b r a r y

✿ ✿ ✿

The ink was pitch black, not the deep shade of periwinkle you always saw. The grass blades were now stabbing into your skin, the comfort vanishing from the paddock.

You clenched your fist, the inky black turning into patches of green, the sun shining through several empty holes. The light cast a red tint onto you and the hooded figure beside you. The red mixed into his parka perfectly, while it just stood awkwardly on you (s/t) skin. He looked giddy, his peculiar smile shining, chipped teeth were spread across his grin.

Your clenched fist gripped the blades of grass, and ripped them from the roots of abundance. You wanted to punch his annoying mask, add another chip to the wall of smiles. Oh how you hated him at  this moment, to bash his face until it was unrecognizable.

That bastard.. Why didn't he tell me sooner.

You were cursed with invisibility, no one could notice your prescence, except for a number of people.

There were several holes in his theory. Your conductor, professor, even your mother!
How could they see you?! You threw these questions at the blond only for his stupid face to throw his unawareness back. He said he didn't know why, but you quickly called bull. Maybe it was because of your newfound pettiness, nevertheless you despised the male.

The earthy soil unleashed from the ground found its way the bridge of Kenny's nose. He shot up from his laying position, wiping off the grime.

"Agh! What the hell?!"

You had thrown the grass and soil on his stupid expression. You smirked at his discomfort, your heart feeling nothing as he cussed you out. You wished you just let go of his hand at the bridge, fly off like the dirt being flicked of his nose. It was no better here than it would have been in an eternal sleep.

You turned your attention to the blonde once more, his cheeks were flushed from the earlier chase, beads of sweat dripping down his face. His freckles were really noticeable in the sunset, he looked like an coonstagram picture.

It made you want to punch him even more.

"Why the fuck would you throw dirt at me! I just showered today!!"

Specks of soil had apparently dug into his hair, as he was now scratching his scalp like a mutt. You didn't feel bad, you continued to give him the silent treatment.

Your lour stare showed your sentiment. Kenny however isn't the best reader of rooms.

He scoffed, and glared at you, but you didn't let up.

The damper atmosphere surrounding you eventually weirded him out. Orange rustled the grass, indicating that Kenny stood up.

"I'm going to... Go"

He paused awkwardly before saying the last part of his sentence.

He dared to look into your devastating eyes once again.

"Meet me up at the public Library tomorrow, I can explain more of the situation there"

He rushed off, it was evident he was uncomfortable. You didn't understand, why didn't he just explain the situation while we were laying down?