ˁ῁̮ˀ Halloween Special ˁ῁̮ˀ

This takes place between new partner and envy!

𖤋 𖤋 𖤋

You were wide awake again, yellow street lights flickered through your window and pried your eyes open.

Your walls barely muffled the slurred yells of adults, but they were just inconveniently thick enough so that you couldn't easvedrop on any drunken conversations.

The sounds and lights made you bury your head into your pillow. Your grievances worsened every second their loud music boomed from a speaker.

Streamers were hung all over town. As were the smiling pumpkin papercutouts and the stuffings of black cats.

Some decorations blocked the street lights and cast unusual shadows that quickly fluttered in and out of your room. The shadows moved so blindingly fast that you twisted and turned trying to get as little as one second of sleep.

With your struggle, your two arms were suspended in your blanket that was now tightly twisted around you, making for a caterpillar like lurch whenever you wanted to adjust yourself.

The night before Halloween, and you couldn't sleep!

Why did adults always have to party the day before?

Well... you knew why. If they did it while so many children roamed the usually empty streets, someone was bound to be killed.

That's what you hated about this town. Dying was very commonplace.

A child, an adult, a teenager. It didn't matter. No one was safe. From anyone.

A kid could never trust their parents. An adult could never trust their offspring. A family member could never trust their cousin, nor a close friend.

So many loss. So many connections.

Your lip quivered.

You doubted anyone would bat an eye if you were successful in your own attempt on your life.

You curled with the painful memory, looking like a spiral blanketed chrysalis resting upon a bed. Thoughts raced through your mind. Why didn't you just let go? Why did you listen? Just to keep living in a shitty place like this, why did you think it was worth it?

You hated it you hated it you hated it.

You choked on your worn breaths, and it made your throat tighten and let loose a big sob. It was unexpected, but after the first time it just couldn't seem to stop.

The blanket slowly became warm with salt, then quickly cooled down. It made for a surprising chill whenever your head bobbed down in a desperate attempt for oxygen.

Holding back your heavy crying felt like trying to cage a bull, its horns just kept prodding and jabbing your throat till it was soar, making it hurt all the more when you couldn't hold it any longer.

A shiver ran up your spine when the bed vibrated. The uninvited noise cause you to shoot up from your stormy breakdown. A few sniffles emitted from your shaking figure when you tried to find the noise.