6

Race day was here and the atmosphere in the Paddock was buzzing for anyone in favour of Max and Red Bull taking the World Driver's Championship.

Lights out wasn't until 8:30pm with the drivers' parade at 6:50 following the end of the Formula 2 feature race.

A minute of silence would be held in the honour of Sir Frank Williams, the former team principal of Williams Racing. He had passed away last Sunday after being taken into hospital Friday evening.

Anna walked through the paddock with Max as they talked about their plans for Monday and the flight to Abu Dhabi. The didn't usually converse about the race so early before it, Anna found it kept Max more calm even though he would never admit if he was nervous anyway.

"So predictions?" Max asked as he held open the door to the Red Bull motorhome letting his best friend inside as he followed behind.

"Lewis DNF, you win and take the title?" Anna replied as they walked through the common area greeting people was they headed for his drivers' room.

"I said predictions Anna not dreams." Max said as they passed by Checo.

"Hey you two." Checo spoke as he left his drivers' room heading for the common area,

"Hey mate." Max replied as he shook Checo's hand as they passed one another.

"Hi Checo." Anna said with a smile. She had learnt very fast after his arrival to the team that she was allowed to call him Checo. He told her he'd find it offence as all his friends call him Checo and he considered her to be a friend.

"Okay, but seriously?" Max asked once again as they entered his drivers' room. Max sat down on the couch while Anna sat on the massage bed and crossed her legs.

"Seriously? Seriously I think this title is not gonna be decided this weekend. Simple." Anna spoke as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Fair enough." Max nodded in reply before walking towards his race suit and fire gear to get changed before leaving for the driver's parade which was in about 30 minutes.

—————

The cars were lined up on the grid and the formation lap began for the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix.

Anna felt nerves grow inside her as the thought of Max possibly being able to win the title this weekend was playing the back of her mind.

Obviously to do that he had to clear the two Mercedes and stay there for the whole race before crossing the line to take the championship.

A lot of things had to go in Max's favour for that to happen but the only relief about it was that regardless Lewis couldn't take the Championship this weekend so if Max didn't out score Lewis then it would all go down to next week in Abu Dhabi.

As the drivers arrived back at the grid and started to slide into their grid boxes, Anna began to adjust the headphones on her head as her nerves started to grow.

The green flag was waved and the lights went out with Lewis leading the pack into turn one and Checo almost running into the back of Max after a lock up.

Lap 10 came around which saw Mick crashing into the barrier at turn 22 bringing out a Safety Car and granting the drivers a chance for pit stop which the two Mercedes took and Max didn't allowing him into the lead of the race.