31

Unfortunately Quali in Jeddah didn't go quite as planned for Max but Checo did manage to secure his first pole position which was a bonus for the Red Bull team.

On the upside Max did manage to win the actual race itself with Charles finishing second meaning the latter was still leading the championship going in the next round.

Speaking of next rounds, after a long awaited break the F1 grid was finally heading back down under and Anna couldn't be more excited to go back to the land of Danny Rics.

Max and Anna were travelling to Melbourne on his private jet. Max was looking over previous races on his laptop while Anna was sat across from him reading another book.

The problem with reading was it allowed the mind to wander and experience strange thoughts and the particular book Anna was reading made her think of something that would definitely seem like an odd topic of conversation.

"Max?" Anna asked as she placed her book mark inside before closing it over.

"Hmmm." Max hummed in reply without looking up from the screen.

"Can I ask you something?" Anna wondered with a million thoughts spinning in her head as she edged forward on her seat.

"Always." Max replied while clicking buttons on his laptop.

Anna quickly realised Max was half listening to her and half watching the 2019 Australian Grand Prix. But she knew that once she asked her question that she would have his full attention.

"Do you ever miss Kelly and Penelope?" Anna asked and Max's head immediately lifted as the words left her mouth.

"What? What makes you ask that?" Max wondered as he placed his laptop on the seat next to him so his full attention was on Anna.

"Just a question." Anna shrugged her shoulders in reply acting like the thought didn't bother her.

"Anna, that's not 'just a question'." Max said with air quotes. "It's not like asking oh what's you're favourite ice cream flavour or what do you want for dinner."

"It was just a thought. You're life is different now you have to admit." Anna pointed out the fact.

It was true. Max's relationship with Kelly involved life being a lot more domesticated considering he lived with her 2 year old daughter. Where as now things were a lot more free and laid back.

"Yeh but I love life with you." Max said as he sat up and reached over for Anna's hand.

She reached out and placed her hand in his before he grasped it and pulled her over so she was sitting on his lap making her immediately smile.

"Don't ever think I ever regret anything we did. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Even if I was 4 years old when we met." Max smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Good. Because you're not getting rid of me." Anna replied with a smile before placing her lips on his as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

—————

"Danny Ric." Anna exclaimed as she spotted the Australian talking with her boyfriend outside the Red Bull motorhome.

"My favourite Dutch." Daniel replied as he pulled her into a tight hug.

"Hey. I'm offended." Max said crossing his arms as the two pulled away from each other.

"It's true. You were my second favourite, Anna was always my favourite." Daniel spoke wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"I was your teammate." Max reminded him matter a factly.

"Not anymore." Daniel added on with a smile on his face.

"Yeh because you left me." Max said causing Daniel to laugh.

"And look at you now. Red Bull's golden boy. You've had 4 teammates in 4 years. And guess what, you're still there. That's why I left. I love you man but I needed out." Daniel explained causing Anna to wrap an arm comfortingly around his waist.

She knew it was hard for Daniel to leave the team at the end of 2018 to go to Renault but it was clear to the world that Red Bull's focus was on Max and Daniel wasn't ready to be the second driver of a team he had been with and winning with for so long.

"I love you too mate. And I'm glad we're still friends." Max spoke as the pair hugged one another causing Anna to smile at the sight.

"Well we better go. Qualifying is starting soon." Daniel said as they pulled apart.

"Good luck Daniel. Kick ass." Anna told the Aussie with a wink before she and Max headed inside the RedBull motorhome.

—————

Daniel had done well at his home Grand Prix finishing P6 behind his teammate Lando. Max on the other hand was one of three cars to DNF at Albert Park Circuit along with Seb and Carlos.

It was tough for Anna watching Max have a poor start to his first ever title defence season but she knew he would pull back and had lots of races left to do it.

The next race was two weeks away in Imola meaning the first of two home grand prix for Ferrari meaning they would be determined to score some good points and aiming for a win too.

During the small break, Anna and Max we're back at home in Monaco getting ready for a date.

Anna was in the bedroom getting ready, curling her hair and doing a light layer of make up to cover ant blemishes.

While she was getting ready Anna was dancing around the room to the sound of her Spotify playlist, and more specifically at this moment, Taylor Swift.

The music was so loud that Anna didn't even hear Max enter the room. He stood in the door way with a smile on his face watching his girlfriend sing with her make up brush.

"Max." Anna exclaimed as she spotted him causing her to jump in fright.

"Oh your face." Max said as he was doubled over with laughter.

"You asshole. You gave me a heart attack." Anna replied as she threw her brush at his head.

"Hey. You could've hit me." Max spoke after ducking to avoid getting a brush to the eye.

"That was the point." The Dutch girl told him as she crossed her arms.

"Rude." Max said as he walked towards her with a smile on his face, an idea in his head, and his hands out stretched.

"Don't bother." Anna spoke as she pointed a finger warningly at Max knowing just what he was going to do.

"What?" He asked innocently before grabbing her and throwing her down on the bed before he started to tickle her.

"Max." Anna called out as tried to help push him off but it was no good.

She had no choice but to laugh and let Max tickle her until he got fed up.

—————

Let me know what you guys think x

-ky❤️