34

Monaco weekend hadn't gone exactly how Max would've wanted it too. He lost out on a front row position during qualifying after Checo crashed and caused a red flag.

The race then came around with a delayed start due to the rain fall left it even harder to over take than it already was at a tight track like Monaco.

And to add a complete damper to Max's weekend, Anna had to figure out a way to tell Max about everything as she wasn't sure whether to do it before or after they went out.

"Hey." Anna spoke as Max entered his driver's room where is his girlfriend was waiting for him to finish with the team's post race debrief.

"Hey." Max replied as he says down on the massage table next to her before pulling the brown haired girl into a hug resting his head on top of hers.

"You were great." She told him as he rubbed her hand comfortingly on his leg.

"I came third." He said with a sigh.

"That's still a podium and points. Don't worry about it. This isn't gonna define your championship. This is only the 7th race." Anna spoke softly as Max intertwined their fingers together and rested them on his lap.

Seeing how down and disappointed Max was about his weekend was making it even harder for Anna to find a chance to break the bad news to him.

"Knock, knock." A voice interrupted Anna from taking a chance to tell Max. The couple looked up and towards the door to see Brad entering the room. "Daniel wants to know what time you guys are having pre drinks at?"

Even though Daniel had his own apartment in the principality, he enjoyed visiting Max and Anna whenever he was there. Like this weekend.

"Is he outside?" Anna asked and Brad nodded in reply, clearly able to see the disappointed look on Max's face who still had his hand wrapped around Anna's. "We'll be out in a few. Tell him to wait or head over to the apartment if he wants. He knows where the key is."

"Okay." Brad replied before leaving them alone.

In that moment Anna realised she wouldn't get a chance to tell Max today about her news as the drivers would be going on their usual post race night out in Monaco.

It was the one race of the year that was always guaranteed a crazy night out after for all the drivers and usually their partners or wives if they had chosen to attend the race.

"Get change. And we'll go home, have a drink and get ready to go out. Take your mind of things." Anna spoke as she stood up before placing a kiss on Max's forehead.

He nodded in reply standing up before removing his fireproof top just as Anna left the room.

The Dutch girl quietly sighed as she closed the door behind her. She hated lying to Max but she didn't need to make him feel any worse than he already did right now.

Tomorrow would be time enough for the news to be delivered. The pair would live with it for long enough. One more day wouldn't hurt.

—————

Anna stood on the Red Bull yacht drinking a glass of champagne watching as the band performed and people danced to the music

Any other year she loved being here partying because Red Bull were known for their post race parties especially in Monaco.

But this head felt different. Anna knew there was something different about her, in her, and she was knew it was supposed to kill her.

She watched Max across the room talking with Christian and other senior figures within the Red Bull sponsorship set up and she couldn't help but smile.

He laughed at something Adrian Newey said and Anna could feel butterflies in her stomach as she could hear his laugh echoing in her head as she had heard it so many times before.

She wondered how she could tell him about this thing that could potentially destroy not only their relationship but their friendship.

She was sick and that was a weight for anyone to carry especially the loved ones of those who are sick. They are the ones who have to sit by and watch them suffer knowing their is nothing they can do about it.

But being with someone who has a job like Max's, on the road for three quarters of a year, would make it even worse.

If things got as bad as they could, Anna wouldn't be fit for all the travelling but she also knew Max would feel guilty leaving her home alone when she was sick.

But she could never ask him to give up his career for her even though everyone who knew Max knew he would stop racing in a heartbeat if Anna asked him too.

Before she realised how lost in her thoughts she was, a hand gripped her own and Anna recognised the touch immediately.

"Come on. You love this song." Max spoke as he pulled her away from her perch and down to the dance floor.

Anna smiled as she realised she did in fact love this song. As the pair made their way down to the dance floor Anna spotted Christian and the other's still having their conversation.

"Did you just leave Christian and the others to take me dancing?" Anna wondered as the pair stepped on the dance floor.

"Of course." Max smiled in reply.

"Why?" Anna wondered as the couple started dancing.

"Because you are the most important person in the world to me. Above all else." The F1 driver replied before placing a kiss on her lips.

Anna could feel herself crying on the inside as her stomach filled with butterflies, more so though usual.

Max had just confirmed all thoughts she had moments ago about her illness and Max's willingness to give up everything to be with her.

"I love you so much." Anna told him with a smile on her face.

"Not as much as I love you." Max replied before the pair continued to dance to the beat of the song.

—————

Still don't know how to tell Max about Anna's condition. All suggestions greatly appreciated 😂