7

The duo flew out to Abu Dhabi with Jos the following day around noon due to the late night they had last night with Max eventually receiving the danother penalty from the steward for his apparent 'break check' on Lewis.

Luckily his gap to Valtteri was still big enough for him to keep P2 and not drop any points in his race against Lewis this weekend.

A lot of Max and Anna's childhood friends were flying out to Abu Dhabi this weekend in the hope of seeing Max take his first driver's championship before their very eyes.

This was the biggest race of the year and if you had the chance to be there you you would be a fool not to take it.

Kelly was also flying out today, a fact Anna wasn't look forward to. It also meant when checking into the hotel she and Max had separate rooms.

Anna sat in her room staring out at the view from her balcony when a knock came on the door. She sighed at having to get up to see who was on the other side.

She opened the door without looking through the little peep hole and saw Max and Kelly standing on the other side.

"Kelly, hello." Anna spoke, not realising that she was flying out so early in the day.

"Hi Anna." Kelly smiled in reply and Anna wasn't sure whether or not it was genuine smile.

"We're going for lunch, do you wanna come?" Max wondered nodding his head in the direction of the elevator at the end of the hallway.

"No I'm good thanks. You guys go." Anna assured her best friend with a smile.

"Are you sure?" Max asked her feeling bad for leaving her alone.

"Yeh go. Honestly I'm fine." Anna nodded her head.

"Okay. Bye then." Max replied before Anna closed the door and the couple left heading back down the hallway. "That was weird, don't ya think?"

"I'm sure she's fine Max." Kelly told him as she linked her arm through his. "Now I can't wait to see what you go me for my birthday."

"Your birthday isn't until tomorrow." Max laughed as he pressed the call button on the elevator. Kelly shrugged her shoulders as they got in.

"I'm just saying." She replied before the elevator doors closed and they made their way down to the lobby.

—————

Instead of sitting around in her hotel room in one of the world's most beautiful cities, Anna decided to get up and do something with her day seeing as she was going to be here for over a week.

She got changed into a long black cotton dress and a pair of white trainers before heading down to the lobby while looking at her phone to figure out what she was going to do.

Deciding on being cultural for the day, Anna decided on the Louvre Abu Dhabi which was about a 25 minute drive from her hotel so she sat down in the lobby as she ordered an Uber.

She waited for a few minutes until she got the notification that her Uber was outside. She grabbed her bag and headed out to find the car pulled up by the sidewalk.

Just as she walked towards the car and reached for the handle so did someone else causing her to pull back and look at the person next to her.

"Daniil?" Anna spoke as she looked at the Russian standing next to her.

"Anna, hey." Daniil replied with a smile. He knew Anna from back when Max joined Toro Rosso and then obviously when he had taken his seat at Red Bull.

"Sorry. I thought it was my Uber." Anna apologised as she stepped back slightly.

"Same." Daniil nodded in reply before a thought occurred. "Hey, wanna share?"

"I don't know. I was going to-." Anna started to talk but she was soon cut off.

"You know what it's fine. Stupid idea anyway. You take it." Daniil stood back and letting her take the Uber.

"You know. Come on. Let's go." Anna told him as she opened the door and gestured for him to get in.

She was debating about sharing an Uber with the boy who's seat Max stole and who also happened to be the ex boyfriend of Max's current girlfriend and father of her child.

"Are you sure?" Daniil asked not wanting to put any pressure on her to have to share her Uber.

"Get in Kyvat." Anna gestured her hand towards the open door as she spoke.

"Okay." Daniil agreed before getting into the back of the car and was followed by Anna before the driver pulled away and drove to the destination.

—————

Anna stood in front of a picture in the Louvre Abu Dhabi. She had been here for nearly 2 hours and she was loving all the different art in the building.

As she continued to stare at the picture when she heard a sigh next to her which caused her to laugh.

"Daniil you didn't have to come with me if you didn't want to." Anna spoke as she turned to look at the reserve driver next to her.

It turned out the Uber that arrived had been the one Anna ordered and in turn took the pair to the art museum Anna had planned to visit.

"I know but I had nothing else to do but explore the city anyway." Daniil replied as he tucked his hands into the pockets of his shorts.

"And?"

"And I thought an art museum would be a lot more interesting than this." He explained as he looked around at all the people who were enjoying the various expeditions.

"Okay then, we've already spent two hours here. What do you wanna do?" Anna asked as she adjusted the strap of her bag over her shoulder.

"Really?" Daniil wondered feeling back for making Anna leave just because he was bored.

"Yes. Now come on. What do you wanna do?" Anna questioned as she grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the entrance before he died of boredom.

—————

Anyone surprised? Anna and Daniil spent the day together. Let me know what you guys think

-ky❤️