9

Anna woke up the following morning and realised she had feel asleep not long after Max had left she had feel asleep and now it was 6am and she was wide awake.

Instead of laying around waiting for the rest of the world to wake up, she decided to go on a run like she did all the time with Max back in Monaco during his training days.

She got ready and grabbed her room key, phone and headphones before leaving her hotel room and heading downstairs.

She put her headphones on and switched on her running playlist before her feet started banging again the concrete as she ran through the streets of Abu Dhabi.

She had been running for an hour and arrived down on the walkway by Corniche Beach which was completely quiet and expected considering it was just 7:30am.

Anna took a few minutes to catch her breath as she started out over the Persian Gulf which was the sea touching the Abu Dhabi coast line.

As she did, someone appeared beside her causing her to jump slightly as she wasn't expecting anyone else to be out at this time in the morning and definitely not down by the beach.

"Daniil." Anna spoke as she put a hand over her heart which was now racing really fast.

"You're a fast runner." He replied with a smile as he tried to catch his breath.

"Are you stalking me?" The brown haired girl wondered as she gave him a look seeing he too was in running clothes.

"No. I couldn't sleep so I decided to go for a run. But you actually overtook me and didn't notice. And then you disappeared from sight." Daniil explained as he rested his hands against the railing separating the elevated walk way from the beach.

"Sorry. I didn't even see you. I was in a world of my own when I was running." Anna said.

"I noticed that. I did call you name but you were very serious looking." Daniil spoke as he made a face that represented how Anna looked when she was running.

"Shut up. I do not look like that." Anna replied as she used her hand to push him away slightly.

"Ya kind of do." Daniil nodded as he spoke.

"Rude." The Dutch native told him as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." Daniil apologised with a smile on his face. "How about I take you out for breakfast to apologise?"

"Breakfast huh? Sounds like a date Kyvat?" Anna questioned as she leant her arm on the railing and looked at the Russian next to her.

"Well- I, eh- I-." Daniil started to stutter not expecting Anna to say that.

"I'm kidding. Please don't choke on your words." Anna spoke as she placed a hand on his arm trying to stop him from choking on his sentence. She laughed slightly at how flustered she had made his with just one sentence. "Come on. Let's go."

—————

Anna and Daniil arrived back at the hotel that they happened to share around 10am when everyone else was only starting to get up for the day.