8

Tuesday was Kelly's birthday and Anna was being dragged around the city of Abu Dhabi at 8am to help Max organised stuff for the day.

"Max. You realise it's 8am." Anna complained as he dragged her into a balloon shop that he'd just opened.

"No duh." Max replied as he walked inside towards the checkout to see the man who was working at the shop. "Why do you think we're here so early? I couldn't have Kelly know what I was doing."

"No duh? Max no where is open!" Anna exclaimed as she threw her arms in the air.

"This place is." Max said in a duh tone of voice.

"What can I help you two with?" The older man asked probably surprised at having customers so early in the morning.

"I wanna get my girlfriend balloons for her birthday please." Max informed him.

"And you brought her with you?" The shop owner asked in confusion as he gestured towards Anna.

"What? No, she's not my girlfriend, she's my best friend. My girlfriend is back at the hotel in bed." Max explained.

"Where I should be." Anna whispered under her breath but Max heard and elbowed her. "Hey!"

"Okay. What are you think then?" The man questioned. Max ordered the balloons and they said they'd be back in about 30 minutes when he said they'd be ready.

"Okay where else?" Max asked mentally going through a check list in his head.

"The hotel. To go to bed." Anna said as she grabbed his arm and dragged him in the direction there hotel was in.

"Anna. Come on. I really need your help." Max replied as he dragged her back to their spot on the sidewalk.

"Fine. But hurry up." Anna sighed in reply and let herself be dragged down the street with Max into another store.

—————

Anna was sitting in her hotel room and was scrolling through instagram when she came across a story Kelly had posted of the flowers that Anna and Max had picked out earlier.

A knock came on her door and she suddenly got deja vu from yesterday when Max knocked to reveal himself and Kelly.

Anna stood up and walked towards the door once again not looking through the peep hole before open the door.

Once again it was Max but this time he was on his own and no Kelly in sight. The first thing Anna noticed was how well dressed Max was like he was going somewhere.

"What are you wearing?" Max wondered referring to the shorts and oversized t-shirt she was wearing.

"Me? What are you wearing?" Anna asked gesturing to the shirt and pants her was wearing.

"Kelly's birthday dinner? Did you forget?" Max spoke as he tucked his hands into the pockets of his trousers and stepped into the room.

"What are you talking about?" Anna questioned feeling even more confused then when she opened the door.

"The birthday dinner Kelly organised for herself with everyone?" Max said referring to everyone as their friends from Monaco who had flown out too.