30

Anna ran her hands down her face in frustration watching as Carlos managed to get passed Max on Lap 54.

Then things went from bad to worse as the team recognised the issue Max had noticed as he continued to lose power as Checo, Lewis and George all got by him.

Eventually he was told there was nothing the team could do from the pit wall and he would have to pit resulting in two DNF for RBPT cars, the other being Pierre.

As if the weekend couldn't get any worse, Checo started to report the feeling of losing power just two laps after Max had.

Any chance of points disappeared as Checo spun on Turn 1 of the last lap of the Grand Prix before saying the engine went on him.

That was three of the four RBPT cars that DNF in the Bahrain GP and the only one left in the race, Yuki, manages to finish P8.

"Uh oh." Jess spoke up as Max arrived in the pit lane just after Checo had spun. "These interviews are gonna be fun."

"At least you get to leave them. I've to go home with him." Anna replied as she watched the mechanics bring Max's car into the garage.

"You're obligated, you're his girlfriend." Jess said with a smile.

"I'm serious. You should've see seen him last night after qualifying. He was freaking out about not getting pole position and rewatching old races and shit. He was seriously stressed." Anna explained as she watched her boyfriend climb out of his car.

"Oh. It's a bit early in the year for that." Jess told her.

"I know." Anna sighed as she watched Max make his way over to Helmet, Christian and his engineers who had all walked into the garage after Checo spun out. "Let me know what he's like during interviews."

"Of course. Here he comes." Jess said the last party quietly so Max wouldn't know they were talking about him.

"Hey." Anna greeted the F1 driver.

"Hey." Max whispered softly back. "Wanna get some air?"

"Sure." Anna nodded in reply.

"I'll meet you outside in a few for interviews." Jess told Max before the couple disappeared towards the exit.

The paddock was quiet seeing as the race was still going in the last lap. The pair stopped just outside the Red Bull garage entrance before Anna pulled him into a hug immediately feeling him relaxed.

"It's okay. You did great." Anna said as she wrapped her arms around him and he did the same.

"I DNF in the first race of my title defence season. I wouldn't exactly call it great Anna." Max replied quietly.

"Through no fault of your own. You couldn't change what happened. It happened to Checo and Pierre too. It's only the first race Max. There is lots of time to work on reliability." Anna explained as they pulled away and looked at each other.

A loud cheer erupted from the grand stands as the two Ferraris crossed the line in a 1-2 with Charles taking his first win of the season and became the first person to lead the 2022 championship.

In order to distract Max from the thought of his lose, Anna reached up and paced her hands either side of his face and kissed him softly.

She could feel him melt into her touch and relax once again after hearing the cheers for Charles's win.

"Max, you ready?" Jess wondered as she, Checo and his press officer arrived outside the garage.

"Sure. I'll meet you back at my driver's room." Max told Anna as she gave her hand a squeeze before heading for the media pit.

—————

On the back of the Bahrain Grand Prix was the second ever Saudi Arabian Grand Prix. Things had been going well for Max so far with him coming second in every practice session.

His only problem was that the person he was coming second to each time just so happened to be the current 2022 championship leader, Charles.

Now Anna was sat in a chair in the corner of Max's driver's room as he got ready for qualifying which was due to start in just under an hour.

"Good book?" Max wondered as he pulled on his fire proofs.

"Very." Anna muttered in reply without lifting her head.

She had bought a book in the Bahrain International Airport last Monday morning and had been immersed in it all week and was now only about 30 pages from the end.

"Thanks for your detailed response." Max said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

Max finished getting ready and still has received no further comment from his girlfriend who was so fixated on her book she didn't even realise Max had replied to her comment.

The Red Bull driver looked at his watch and saw that he still had 45 minutes until the start of qualifying meaning he had 20 minutes until he had to be at the garage.

Deciding to have a little fun, Max tied his race suit sleeves around his waist before walking over to Anna. He took the book from her hand and placed it on the table.

"Hey. What are you doing? My book." Anna spoke as she reached after it but it was too far away. "What are you doing Max?"

Max simply smiled as he leant down over his girlfriend, placing a hand on either arm of the chair so he had her pinned down.

"Max." The brunette girl said in confusion.

Without saying anything moved in and placed his lips on Anna's in a deep kiss. Anna instinctively wrapped her arms around Max's neck.

Once he felt that, he started to stand up taking his girlfriend with him. When they were both on their feet, Max lifted Anna's legs so they wrapped around his waist.

He walked across the room and pressed her back against the wall deepening the kiss even more if that was even possible.

"What are you doing?" Anna wondered as the pair briefly pulled apart for air.

"Having a little fun before qualifying." Max smirked before attacking the Dutch girl's neck with his lips.

—————

Update yah!!

Let me know what you guys think.

I have no real idea of where I'm going with his book so I'm kind of taking it race week by race week.

-ky❤️