32

Anna had always loved Italy. She loved the food, the culture and the people. Because of that she loved the fact that the F1 calendar went there not once but twice in a year.

There was always something special about the Italian Grand Prix. Maybe it was the huge presence of Ferrari fans or the feeling of homeliness it radiated.

Another thing about this weekend was that it was in fact a Sprint weekend, meaning only two practice sessions for the drivers and qualifying on Friday afternoon.

The paddock was bustling as this weekend there was also 3 support events taking placing, the Porsche Super Cup, F3 and F2.

Because of Max's quick and early progression into F1, he only spend one year in what was known as 'the road to F1'. He raced for the Dutch team, Van Amersfoort Racing, when he was 16 and finished 3rd in the championship.

Anna enjoyed watching the feeder series because it was all about talent. Every car was the same and the only difference was the driver, it made the whole thing more excited.

Days where Max had media duties, Anna would spend her time watching the other races to pass the time. Sometimes she would do so from the RedBull motorhome or the balcony above the garages.

She also knew most of the Red Bull juniors from various different events with Max over the last few years and over the last couple of weeks she had gotten to know Juri Vips better.

The young Estonian had been promoted to Red Bull test and reserve driver meaning he was around a lot more of race weekends even when he wasn't racing himself in F2.

Right now Anna was sat in the Red Bull with Max's press officer Jess and Jos watching Qualifying.

Max had set good times in free practice earlier managing a 1.30.867 as his fastest time which left him in P3 behind the two Ferrari, both of which would be aiming to impress on their team's home weekend.

The benefit to sprint weekends meant that a little bit of pressure was taken away from qualifying as the drivers knew they would have another opportunity Saturday to improve their starting positions in a race like situation.

The session went well for Max but not as well for Checo, who finished in P7, while Max was on pole.

Back at the motorhome, Anna knocked on the door of Max's driver's room without even thinking of what she was doing.

"Did you just knock?" Max asked after he opened the door to reveal himself with his race suit tied around his waist.

"I know, don't know what I was doing." Anna replied with a small laugh.

"I know what you're doing." Max said as he closed the door and locked it before moving over and kissing Anna, lifting her up on the massage bed in the room and started kissing her neck.

—————

Max had managed to finish first in the sprint race meaning he would start their for tomorrow's race too while Checo started behind him on the second row.

With each of the red bull drivers having a Ferrari driver next to them.

Anna headed back to the Red Bull motorhome to wait for Max as she knew he would have post session interviews while she really needed to use the bathroom.

As she went to open the door it was already being pushed open from the inside causing her to she to the side, out of the way of whoever was coming out.

"Oh. Sorry, hey Anna." Juri spoke as he opened the door to see the Dutch girl standing there.

"Hey. No worries." Anna smiled in reply before noticing the Carlin driver behind Juri. "Hi Liam."

"Hey." Liam replied before Anna headed inside away from the two Red Bull juniors.

"Hey. Stop that." Liam spoke after catching his former teammate looking after Anna who has disappeared inside.

"What?" Juri asked innocently as he turned his attention back to the Kiwi.

"I saw you. Don't." Liam shook his head before walking away to get ready for his F2 race.

—————

Max won the race on Sunday ahead of Checo giving Red Bull their first 1-2 of the season with Lando finishing in P3 giving him his first podium of the season and his second in Imola.

The next race after Imola was the very first Miami Grand Prix so most of the drivers were heading straight from Italy there to avoid jet lag closer to the race.

That included Anna as she, Max, Daniel and Lando all got on Max's private jet for the 10 hour flight.

While the boys all sat together on one side of the plane, Anna sat alone at the other end with her laptop and a notebook in front of her.

Just over a year ago Anna had quit her job as a sale representative because she couldn't see herself sitting in an office for the rest of her life.

She had been in two different jobs since then but still neither seemed to be what she really wanted to do.

Anna liked being in control of her own work and also in control of when and where she did that work too.

So now she was researching types of jobs that would let her do that while writing them down. She was also taking quizzes to see what type of jobs would suit her.

She could hear the boys talking about what they would do for the 10 days they had free in Miami before the race weekend would start.

Anna looked up at once stage and met Max's eyes who mouthed and asked if she was okay. She nodded and smiled in reply letting him know she was fine before returning to her laptop.

—————

Any thoughts? Can't believe he's been 5 months since I updated this book.

I hit a serious writers block with it and think I might have to end it soon cause I don't wanna ruin the story by uploading crap chapters for the sake of it.

Let me know what you guys think x