Chapter 2: Got the Blues?

Present Day Tartarus

Watching them taking out the bodies of dead inmates were horrible honestly. I felt like we just slaughtered ton of innocents. In a way. I mean being stuck here for life would suck but literally being forced to fight until death was horrible also.
I do understand most of it though, if you want to live and be recruited than you must fit into it. This is what they did to me, they beat me until I cried for mercy, even than they still did just because I asked them to have mercy.

I looked over at Consular who was sitting by himself, in a way, Shark Face was just a couple feet away from him but facing an different direction than Consular was.

Shark Face reminded me a lot like Maine. His body figure, quietness, sitting poster. It sucks being shot in the past continuously. I hate it.

I watched as Locus passed them and went up the steps to the cockpit. "Phoenix!"

I turned facing Felix. "What?" I kind of snapped.

"Did you know Washington?" He said stopping in front of me.

I stared at him for quite a while. I grunted, looking down, than back up at him. "I used too."

.............................................................
6 Years Ago

"Mommy!" I heard John screaming from the living room.

I walked into the living room from the kitchen to see them fighting over an stuffed bear. "Hey guys stop it."

"But mommy this is MY stuffed toy!" Athena yelled.

I walked over and grabbed the toy putting it on the couch. "Its time for bed anyways so it doesn't matter."

They both gave me an pouting faces. "I don't wanna, daddy reads us a story before bed." John whined.

"Well he isn't here, so he can't read a bedtime story without him here." I looked at the clock.

10 PM again. He now leaves without saying a word or even an physical bye. He just leaves. Its sad and angering. He doesn't even tell me where if I ask him where he went he would just say Trent's, or the mall, oh here is my favorite the store.

He doesn't even come home till like 2 AM anymore and if I am awake him and I yell at each other, sadly sometimes waking up John or Athena or even both.

I rolled my eyes snapping back into reality. "Yeah I guess." Athena said looking down at the ground.

I frowned. Not only I was mad at him for my selfish needs but for John and Athena. I know they don't even understand why we yell at each other or why he has been sleeping on the couch. "Lets go to bed ok?" I said picking Athena up and putting her on one of my sides than grabbed John and put him on my other side.

Carrying them both to their rooms, I felt John nuzzle up into my shoulder. "Do you guys want me to read you guys a bedtime story?" I asked placing my head on his head.

I felt him shake his head no. "No its ok I am tired anyways."

"Yeah I am tired too." Athena said agreeing.

I knew they just want to go to bed because they aren't used to mommy reading them and cuddling them to sleep. It broke my heart even more when John said that.

When I placed both of them in bed, planted a kiss on each other their foreheads, and said goodnight. I left to the living room and sat on the couch, holding the teddy bear.

Now I was waiting for David to come home. Ask where he went, greet him a different way, so he won't be frustrated. He has to be doing for a good cause right.

My thoughts started to wander, like is he cheating? What if its with a neighbor and he has been close to home the whole time. My shook my head. He would never do that.

I looked at the time. 12 AM. Wow how long have I been thinking that? I looked down at the teddy bear and smiled at it. I remembered when we first got this thing, it was Athena's little welcome to the world gift, David bought it from a friend.

Just remembering his face when he saw the kids. Holding them. Never ever seen his face like that before that day, don't get me wrong he has been happy but not that happy.

Looked at the clock again. 2 AM. I wasn't worried just because he usually gets home 30 minutes later. I started to doze off. No stay up he will be home soon. Thats when I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was 10 AM. Luckily it was a Saturday or the kids would have been late. That's when I remembered David.

I looked around I didn't see him on the other couch. He is probably in our room than, I slowly got up and headed to there. When I walked in he wasn't in there, I walked to the twins's room he wasn't there either.

I walked to the kitchen, where my phone was charging, and dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail. "This is David if I didn't answer that means I am busy and that I am with my gorgeous family. So just leave your name and number and I will get back to you as soon as possible thanks and have a nice day!"

That's when the beeper went off. "Hey honey where are you I am little bit worried. Um...your supposed to take the kids to the park and ice cream today too," I started to bite my thumbnail. "Please call me back. Ok love you. Bye."

I hung up my cell phone, placing ny phone back on the counter. Still biting my nail and snaking my arm around my stomach. An knock came from the door a couple minutes, snapping me back.

I walked to the door opening it to see Trent. His eyes were red and puffy fave and eyes but the worst part was he was sniffling. I looked at him with worried face. "This time its two."

I slanted my head to the side not understanding at first until it slapped me in the face. Tears filled my eyes and my head went back into straight normal formation. "Oh god don't tell me," I cried out. "It wasn't him. Was it?"

He didn't answer but bite his lip. "Ana...it was him and Lina. Allison disappeared too."

My heart dropped into my stomach. "No no your lying." I whispered.

"Ana..." He said started to walk in.

I stumbled backwards, almost falling to the ground but Trent caught me. "Oh my god no! No no no! Not him! Not him too!" I screamed with tears falling onto Trent's shirt. I could hear his cry for Lina and the worst thing, I heard little cries from a different room.

.............................................................
Hey Ninja here! :) Sorry for a depressing chapter but we all knew it had to come to this. :p Trust me it gets worse. >:) Swrry.

But one question:
1) What do you guys think that Wash wass doing? Was it good or was it bad?

Haha anyways hoped you guys liked it. Comment your opinion I would appreciate it. :)

Anywho Ninja out.