Chapter 12: The Key

3 Years Ago

"Phoenix." Chairman said turning towards me.

"That's not my name." I whispered putting my head down.

He raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"That name isn't my name," I looked up "My name is An..."

"No no it isn't, you are alive because of me. I sent in Felix and Locus to get you." Chairman said raising his voice a bit.

I looked back down glaring. Chairman sighed. "Anabeth," I froze looking back up. "I am sorry for all your losses. I am sorry for what you have been through but you need to look towards the future. Look now."

I could feel the tears. "Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything...Everyone isn't dead because of you."

"Yes you're right but now I can help you." He walked up to me and place a hand on my shoulder. "Anabeth I know how it feels to be betrayed."

That word right there. Betrayed. I have been many and many of times. Now I can get that betrayal to revenge.

"Sir, you can call me Phoenix. But only if I get a higher deal than just money." I looked at Chairman straight in the eye.

Chairman raised an eyebrow. "A higher deal than Felix and Locus?"

I nodded my head. "Yes I want a higher deal than them."

He sighed I turned towards the window that showed blackness and stars. "What bigger deal?"

..................................................................
Present Day 50 Miles Away From Temple

"Locus where the hell are you?" I yelled looking around with the turrent.

"We are in another temple it's not hard to see!" He yelled back with gun fire behind.

Another tem...Oh that temple. It was very large, tall and wide. There was a great scenery of course grass and hill than there was the battle. Rebels and the Republic fighting Locus and our men. "Step on it Felix!" I yelled.

"Stepping. And hey don't yell at me." He said making the warthog go faster.

When we got close enough I started to spray the bullets out of the turret. People started to fall down.

"Carolina we are being hit har..." I hit him with all the bullets.

"Get inside the damn temple!" I yelled.

"I am hurrying as fast as I can!" he yelled at me back.

I kept shooting until we passed our men. I hopped off and brought out my assault rifle. Felix turned off the warthog and jumped out.

When I reached the 'doorway' of the temple. The door made a hissing sound and opened slowly. "Locus where are you?" I asked running into the temple.

"In the control hanger! They are surr...Damnit!" he yelled than went static.

"Locus! Locus!" I yelled.

"We have to hurry!" Felix yelled running little bit head of me.

....................................................................
Inside Temple Control Hanger

"Get down!" I yelled at one of the men. He fell with smoke coming off.

I growled a bit. "Locus we are pinned! What do you do?" one of the woman solider said with panic.

I turned to her than back where Carolina and the rest were shooting at us. "I...."

The shooting stopped. Phoenix? Felix? Neither. "You know hiding behind this pathetic wall won't help you?" I turned around facing an unfamiliar man.

I immediately shot up elbowed him right in the chest. I grunted going back a bit. "Ow that hurt you ug..." I threw a punch but he was on the side all of the sudden.

I looked back where he was than where he is. "Wha..."

He laughed. "I know I know don't worry I always get this reaction. How did you do that? When? But first I need to tell you who I am cause its..."

"Penn shut the hell up." Carolina walked towards me and my...dead team. I looked around Everans was no where to be found.

I slumped a bit thinking how to get out. "Locus Locus!" Phoenix yelled again.

"You can surrender now or we can just kill you. I think you'd want the easier way." Tucker said looking at the controls.

Carolina pointed her pistol at me. "I think we all want at least..." Sarge's body slammed right into Carolina and Tucker.

I looked up and saw Everans cracking his knuckles. "So Penn? Remember me?" I raised my eyebrow.

Penn clenched his fists. "You were dead. I made sure."

I looked at him than Everans. Everans laughed. "Oh dude all you need to do is have "special" bullets."

....................................................................
6 Years Earlier

"Del?" I felt someone tap my foot.

Ok ok just open your eyes, I understand everything hurts body but get over it. Tex yelled. "Maine! Get over here!"

I felt someone slowly take off my helmet. Its Team Aleta. No don't say or do anything. Just let them take me, they will bring me back right?

Maine walked to me and picked me up. This is how it feels like to watch everyone that finds their friends dead. I want to say something but I just can't. Why? Why can't I? That's right, I lost everyone, my friends, my family...

I was always told 'be careful being a leader can be hard especially when he loses his platoon.' They were right it is like someone ripped your heart out and squeezed it with your final breathes.

Once Maine put me down in the pelican, I tried to grab his arm and say hey! I am alive and well don't worry. The weird thing was I couldn't. Couldn't move, speak, or even feel my own pulse.

Am I dead and just watching my last moments of life before I die completely? Wait I thought that you would see an bright light and...

"Four Seven Niner," it wasn't Director he had more like a British voice. "Don't bring Agent Delaware to the Mother Invention understood?"

Four Seven Niner looked back than back at the panel. "But sir it wasn't Director's..."

"I will handle him later. Just do it. Command over and out." That's when I heard nothing and actually fell asleep.

....................................................................
Present Day Inside Temple

Felix and I were running as fast as we could down the temple towards the control room. "Locus Locus fu..."

We hit the control room of the temple and Locus was on the ground and Everans is standing with Penn leaning down a bit.

"Special bullets? Really?" Penn laughed really hard. "Special bullets, never knew you were a joker Del."

Del? Del? Why was that fam...Delaware?? How? When? I thought...I thought he was dead...

"Oh that's was after everything. Did you love it when you died last time?" Everans asked walking towards him.

"Everans! We need to go now!" I yelled looking at Felix.

"Yes dude, grab Locus and lets go!" Felix yelled.

Everans looked over his shoulder a bit than back at Penn. "Ok," he whispered he helped up Locus. "Guess we can catch up later."

Locus started to walk towards us. "Lets go now."

He walked passed us and Felix looked at Everans than walked with Locus. I looked at Everans, he was walking towards me. We both turned away from Penn, "What can't finish what you started? Fucking..." it sounded like Penn fell down or something.

I looked at Everans. "But how?" I whispered.

He watched as Locus and Felix started to run. He looked at me than started to run to catch up.

....................................................................Hey Ninja here! Hope you guys liked it! Vote, comment, and follow!