Chapter 5: Captial Building

6 Years Ago

I was sitting on my couch with my hands on face. Crying. First David now them! Why is this happening to me?

I looked up wiping my face to get the tears off. I sniffed than took a deep breath. Can't believe it, I shouldn't have send them alone to go to a friend's house.

I shook my head and put my legs up to hold them towards my chest. Once I got comfortable the door bell rang.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, wiping them and opening the door. Of course Trent. "Hey you doing alright?" He questioned kinda stepping in the house.

I took a step back and let him walk in closing the door behind him. "No! Why would I be ok?" I said kinda sounding frustrated.

"Well um..." he said rubbing the back of his neck. "I don't know I am sorry..."

I sighed than looking down. "I am sorry..."

He didn't answer instead he hugged me. That's when I noticed I was crying again, this time a scream cry.

That was the last night I got to see someone I cared for so much.

.............................................................

Present Day Base Beta

I couldn't see anything or barely hear anything. I started to cough and wheeze a bit.

I finally opened my eyes, looking through my cracked helmet. I could see the sky but it was also covered with the black dust that used to be the base.

I tried to move but half of my body was still. I looked down at my other half and I was pinned by some part of the building.

"Phoenix come in." It was one of Locus's soldiers.

I moved my arm so I could contact him back. Instead my arm just flopped back down like a spaghetti falling out of someone's mouth.

"Dammit." I whispered.

I moved my head around trying to find options but of course with my luck nothing. "I am over here!" I yelled.

No one responded than I heard someone jumping. I turned my head quickly and it was Felix.

"Jeez girly looks like you got banged up good." He said examining me.

"Shut up and get me out now." I hissed.

"Ha. Yeah ok because I can lift 1,000 pound concrete and steal." He said looking up and signalled some of the soldiers.

"Just get me out of here," Locus was with the soldiers that Felix signalled. "How are you guys not smashed?"

"We were but we were found after 10 minutes." Locus snarled loading the disintegrating launcher thing.

"Uh what the hell are you doing?" I said almost panicking.

"Going to shoot the concrete and metal off you." He said aiming it.

"Heeellloooo hi um what if you miss?" I said looking at the rumble than back at him.

"Than you are pixie dust." Felix said backing up.

I glared through my helmet and tried to reach his assholey soul. "When I get out I will..." thats when Locus pulled the trigger of the launcher.

I closed my eyes and jumped. It was quiet while hearing something deteriorate. I opened one of my eyes. I could see all of them still, I looked over at Locus.

"See your not dead!" Felix said with an exciting voice with his arms out.

I looked down and saw that I was barely even touching anything, I only had scratches on my armour. But I can only see and not feel if it is bad.