Chapter 16: Is This the End?

Present Day Crash Site Z46

I set my helmet down on a table that was inside one of the bases. I looked at the blank computer screen, showing my tired face with my semi long black hair to the side. I sighed closing my eyes, I can't believe this is going on.

I had to have the AI that Carolina has to cut my communications off and the tracker on it. Was I doing the right thing? Maybe they are lying to get stuff out of me? No stop. I shook my head. I am just going crazy.

"Ana?" I turned and it was Wash standing in the doorway.

I turned to face my face again. "What?" I snapped.

There wasn't an answer for a while. "Can we talk?"

I chuckled. "Talk? About what? There is nothing to say."

"There is stuff to say Anabeth! I want to know why you hate me so much?! I didn't do anything wrong!" he said sternly walking in fully.

I slammed my helmet in the computer than turned around. "Nothing wrong! Nothing wrong," I yelled. "Fuck that! You didn't come home till late! You lied to me! You left me ALONE with the fucking kids! What do you expect Wash! Me just to forgive you! You left! You never called! You never stopped by! Just gone! I mean the kids and I thought you were dead! Dead Wash! I cried for days! Weeks even! After the kids' death life was nothing to me. It felt like everything died inside me. I felt alone and cold. And after Maine tried to kill me I felt like I could actually see everyone again." It turned to a faint whisper at the end.

He didn't answer for a bit than walked closer. "I know and after I saw you laying covered in blood and trying to save you....felt like I should have done something. Cause losing someone that I love and can't live without hurt. Plus knowing I was the reason why it happened made me feel like shit. Knowing that my children died because I wasn't there killed me. I lost everything too Ana...but now," he walked to me placing a hand on my cheek. "Now I have my angel helping me back to life."

I leaned into his hand breathing in slowly. "Wash..." I whispered.

"Yeah?" he whispered back.

"Probably should tell the Reds and Blues not to watch us argue." I said looking behind him.

Caboose had his head sticking out from the corner with Penn and Tucker next to him. "Damn finally!" Penn yelled walking fully in.

"Why didn't you tell us about her?" Tucker asked.

Wash chuckled. "Probably cause I don't like speaking about my personal problems."

"Well we should head back to Kimball she is going to give a speech." Penn said walking out.

Wash nodded and headed out of the door. Everyone else followed but Tucker. We stood there a bit in silence. "So who are you exactly?" he asked.

I stood there for a bit and glared through my helmet. "Why ask?"

He chucked. "Just being friendly girl."

"Don't even try that." I started towards the door than stopped. "And name is Arizona."
............................,,,,.......,,...........................
Present Day Outpost 21-6

Photos were going on the computer screen with Phoenix's going with the rebels and the....Freelancers. I sighed let it long and strong. "How disappointing."

"Disappointing? Disappointing? Hell this more than that!" Felix yelled pacing back and forth.

Locus looked at him than back at me. "Sir we have to move in now. We have the sword and it works. We can..."