Chapter 3: The Rebels

Present Day Capital of Chorus

"Reds Blues come down to The War Room. Now." I am pretty sure that was an Kimball solider.

I looked over at Smith. "Your in charge while I am gone."

Smith nodded his head. "Yes sir Washington." He said in his deep voice.

I started to walking away and listened as the other lieutenants moan in disapproval.

Heading down to the War Room was just a draag, don't get me wrong, I honestly love being greeted with "Thank you for saving us" or "You know I wouldn't be here if you didn't stop them". But oh my god listening to it is like listening to the most annoying song, stuck on repeat!

Not showing how I truly felt with the soldier, I just say "Your welcome." Every. Single. Time. I mean what else could I say? "Yeah your welcome, you couldn't have done it anyways." That would just having them think I was a douche, that I was cold hearted, and never ever talk to him.

When I finally reached the war room; Carolina, Tucker, Caboose, Sarge, Donut, Simmons, and Grif. They were all standing in front of Kimball, Doyle, and some rebel soldier. Of course there was computer surrounding us in the whole room but this one's screen was huge. Almost the size of the wall.

"Welcome for you to join us Wash." Kimball said sounding like she was annoyed.

I rolled my eyes a bit, Grif probably started to bitch her out because he doesn't get second servings at lunch or any time.

"Yeah sorry walking all the way from the training room is quite a task." I answered not trying to sound sarcastic.

She nodded and watched me go next to Caboose. "Hi Wash." He said with an happy voice.

I smiled underneath my helmet. "Hello Caboose"

I love this kid, he is just like a little child to me. Just so innocent, warm hearted person, but when you trigger his anger that's when you should just take a step back. Just like what had happened when we all fought 100 Texas, probably even more!

"Alright so we actually have good and bad news." Shaking my brain to be awake and snap back from my thoughts, I turned to notice the rebel soldier was talking.

"Which one do we prefer?" Church said popping up next to Carolina's shoulder.

Him and her have been bonded after the whole bring down the entire Project Freelancer program. "Um...well its both in one video sir." He said almost shyly.

Kimball nodded. "We think we have an idea what they are doing."

I glared a bit. "What exactly are they doing?" Grif asked looking at the screen.

Kimball nodded to Doyle who brought up the video. Around the empty military building was boxes and pelicans, thats when a scream and a flying soldier went passed the camera's vision, than smashed into a box.

Walking out from the corner of the screen Felix and Locus looking around. Their group of men came from behind them and walked towards the pelican. It looked like they were chatting to each other, Locus left boarding the pelican, but Felix stood there waiting for something or even someone.

"What is he doing?" Tucker asked eyeing him, probably glaring with disgust like the rest of us.

No one answered but looked at him than back at the screen. Thats when my heart dropped and noticed I dropped my gun hitting the floor.

I couldn't believe it...she's alive...but why? How? When? Anger and confusion are mixing in, maybe a hint of sadness. "Ana?" I whispered.

.............................................................
Present Day Capital of Chorus

Hearing Wash's gun hit the ground with a couple of dribbles, made me realize who it was. I am pretty sure Church could hear me freaking out angrily and sadly.

"Is that Arizona?" Church asked inside my head.

"Yes. I think that's her." I answered in shock.

"But it says she is KIA." He said looking up at the screen.

"Ana?" I looked over and Wash was shaking his head.

Everyone was looking over at him, they paused it at her going passed Felix with him following behind. "You know that one?" Doyle said sounding confused.

Wash didn't respond he was too caught up in the moment. "Yes sir we know her." I spoke up trying not to sound too hurt.

Doyle looked at the screen than back to me. "How?" Kimball asked stepping up a bit.

I was collecting my thoughts trying to put it into words, I know all the reds, blues, rebels, and republic is going to react to this. Shock. Just complete utterly shock.

"She used to be a teammate of ours." I finally let out.

"Teammate? Like Freelancer teammate?" Simmons said looking over at me with little worried in his voice.

"Oh if she is, we are screwed!" Grif said having his voice crack.

"Calm down ladies, I bet she is no different than the others." Sarge said having confidence.

Wash still never said a word just quiet looking at the screen. Come on Wash say something, don't shut down on me.

"No she is better than me by far, she almost beat Texas, if Texas wasn't luckily." I said.

"Carolina, you have to realize we took down every single one of you, we can do this." Tucker explained.

"Not everyone! You killed only two. Which were Wyoming and Maine." I said in defense.

"Correction The Meta, who was like 1,000 Texs." Grif said putting one finger up.

Church walked out a bit having his sniper rifle disappear, putting his hand on his hip. "You guys lets talk about this later. We need to focus what we are going to do about these guys," He pointed at the screen. "We need to figure out what their plans are, why steal a pelican?"

Everyone stopped arguing, Wash coughed than bent down grabbed his gun. "Maybe they found a new place to put their puppies!" Caboose yelled in excitement.

"Caboose, no thats not why they took an pelican," Kimball said softly. "We believe that they are finding more people or if we are lucky than meeting with Chairman."

"Hopefully option 2, it would be best if that happened." Doyle mumbled at the end.

"Alright we will send you the coordinates to your huds and be on your way." Kimball said looking at all of us.

"You guys can go." Doyle said in a nice tone.

When everyone left, Tucker caught up with Wash. "Hey what the he..."

"Shut up Tucker." Wash mumbled, still walking.

"No," he stood in front of Wash, making him stop in place. "Explain. Please. And now."

.............................................................
Hey Ninja here! :) Sorry for the short chapter and end it like this. :p Hehehe.

And sorry for not updating last week, I have been busy! :/

Well I hope you guys liked it, comment and vote please. :) Thanks Ninja out! :)