Chapter 7: Interrogation

Present Day Capital

My ears were ringing like hell. Bright lights irritate my eyes, noises hurt my ears, everything just hurts.

I finally opened my eyes, to find myself in a cement room with a metal table, I was tied to a metal chair which was bolted on the ground, and one light looking lamp hovering over the table.

I groaned looking around again to see a window where I can't see through it but I bet they can. Of course there was a door next to the window.

I looked down at my hands they were bruised and scraped by the handcuffs. "Really could at least put cotton or something on the handcuffs!" I yelled.

It was quiet until the door swung open, to my surprise it was Wash. Usually they don't have people interrogate the person that they have a personal connection with.

I chuckled than rolled my eyes. "Ok Daavid what are you going to torture me with? A whip?" I smirked.

He was in his suite so I couldn't tell if he was glaring or shocked. "No Ana..."

"She's dead stop calling me that." I said glaring at him.

He just chuckled than sat down across from me. "Why? How? Maine?"

Maine...the memory came to my mind. I hated thinking about it, it scares me too. I snapped myself back to reality. He wants you to act like this to be distracted. "What about him?" I asked.

"Hm nothing just wondering when Anabeth, the woman I once loved, died." He sounded hurt but cold.

I looked down. "She didn't die after him, she died when she once loved disappeared from her and their kids' life."

I looked back up, glaring at him and he was just staring at me than next thing he looked down at the file. "Ok Phoenix," he started saying. "We finally found records on you, even though I know a lot more than this says."

I rolled my eyes. "You know soo much." I said sarcastically.

It was quiet for a bit. "Phoenix how long have you been with Charon Industries?" Wash asked looking at the paper and than me.

I shook my head. "Oh Wash, you think that I would even tell you?"

He sighed thats when Carolina walked in. "Phoenix," she said walking in with a folder in her hand. "Hm, you were missing quite sometime."

I glared. "Yeah I like to keep myself hidden."

"Why is that?" Wash asked.

I rolled my eyes towards him. "Well to stay away from the world, become an merc..."

"Mercenary? Yeah we know." Carolina finished for me.

I glared at her again. "That wasn't really nice Lina."

She froze trying not to respond to it. "Do you want your throat?" She asked.

"Just like your mother, aggressive and blunt. Oh wait but one was better. I wonder which." I smirked, I could tell by her body movement she was trying not to break.

"Phoenix don't start it, let's just cut to the chase shall we?" Wash said breaking Carolina from looking at me.

"There is nothing to chase Washington, I am not telling you anything." I said leaning back in my chair.

"You know we us Freelancers, we can break into anyone, you should know that first hand." He responded getting up.

Carolina moved the table, scooting it to the side. I tensed up, looking around to find Carolina also bringing in a tray with sharp objects. Oh no I know what this is now...