Chapter 13: The Winner Takes It All

Present Day

"Caboose! Are you alright?" I asked going to his side.

"Yes Washington, I met a new friend!" He sounded really excited.

"Oh really?" I questioned standing up with him following me.

"Yep! Meet Santa!" He turned and an alien AI popped up.

I stepped back and Simmons walked to my side. "Oh shit." Simmons voice cracked at the 'it' part.

"Hello my name is Santa," I nodded my head and turned to Simmons. "I would talk to the 'Chosen One' but it seems he doesn't understand what I say." Santa said looking at Caboose than back at us.

"Yeah you'll get that a lot." I mumbled looking at Caboose than back at the AI.

The AI turned to me. "We will have to discuss about the Purge. The mercs they plan on destroying this planet with the Purge. But the only way is to have the Key."

"Wait wait wait key purge? Slow down. What do you mean they will destroy this planet?" I said shaking my head.

The alien AI sighed. "Meaning they will kill everyone they just need the key, one of you do have it. You guys have to used it."

Everyone was quite at this point, shocked, confused. "Well shit," I turned to see Penn walking towards us. "Why would they want to use the purge on this planet?"

"Well that actually won't happen unless this planet isn't worthy." the AI explained simply.

"Worthy? What do you mean it wouldn't be worthy?" I asked getting irritated.

"Meaning if all of you are not worthy to live than one of the two key holders shall shall decide on this planet to be worthy." The alien AI explained looking down at Caboose.

It went quiet again, no one wanted to have smartass remarks or say pretty much anything. "Well where is the other key you've been talking about?" Carolina asked holding her side limping in.

The rest of them came in limping or leaning on something. "The other key is in this location." It looked like a snowy terrain.

"Well we better hall our asses just cause of the merc probably are heading there now." Carolina said breathing a bit hard.

"Already on it." Doyle said sounding like a falcon in the background.

"What?!" Kimball yelled through the comm channel.

"All of you are out there how in the hell are you guys going to get there. It would take you all a while I could at least try." He explained.
I
"No, you ca..." Kimball started to say.

"There is no fucking time for this! Doyle just wait when you get there we are on our way!" I yelled walking towards our pelican.

Carolina was following and was the last to go in. "Are you even sure you will be ok?" I asked looking at her as she was walking in.

"Wash, it's not the first time that I have played this card." I could hear the smirk go across her face.

I nodded my head. "Yeah I know." Than the pelican door shut as we left.

....................................................................
Present Day Unknown Snow Mountain

"We need to get there quicker than ever!" Felix yelled over the engine of the pelican.

"You think?" I said looking at Everans.

I haven't got my eye off of him since we left the temple. How? When? Why is everything happening now?

"What?" Everans asked sounding a bit annoyed but controlling it.

"What? Your asking me what? Lets see last time I remembered you were fucking dead! Now I am looking at Delaware that is alive, breathing, speaking, fighting! That's the motherfucking what!" I almost screamed but just I yelled loud.

"I know, but I had to keep it a secret ok? It's complicated." He was calm.

I glared at him for a while than sighed. "Right cause everything is complicated these days."

Locus just sat there and watched until the light turned green. "Lets go."

I got up grabbing my assault rifle. As we ran out towards the objective. "Four objective of where it might be. Split up in two teams now!" Locus yelled in the comm channel.

Everans, I, and a couple of soldiers followed me while Locus, Felix, and the other couple of soldiers followed them. "Alright Everans you take two of them and I will take the other two got it?" I said over the comm channel.

"Yeah sure." He used his head to signal the other two soldiers to follow him on the left while I went on the right.

Alright so now we are almost...what the hell. I stopped in my tracks with the soldiers stopping behind me. "What is wrong?" one of the soldiers ask me looking around.

I pointed with my assault rifle and shot. At General Doyle.

....................................................................
Present Day Unknown Snow Mountain

"Son of a bitch!" I yelled almost tripping over myself.

"Get him now!" I heard a woman yell.

I looked back and saw the soldiers start running towards me including the one that had different armour on.

I turned away running again. "Doyle how are you?!" Kimball yelled sounding worried.

"Uh uh I am fine." I stumble out. "Just please hurry!" My voice cracks when I said hurry.

"We are trying Doyle, Carolina is already down there but is fighting an old friend. She is trying." Washington said.

Trying. That word stuck in my head. And I will try to survive. You know I should have just waited and not using this sword thingy. Now my life is going to be underground. 6 feet under.

Please help me. I couldn't help but run faster that's when of course I notice that I ran toward a cliff. A fucking cliff.

"Just hand me that sword." I turned to face Felix.

"Uh no?" I said gripping the sword.

Well it's either that or the snow will turn red. So your choice General." He said pulling out a pistol.

Fuck. I can't die but I can't have ten have this. I look down at the sword than back up at the man.

Everything went through my head. Death. Handing it over. Death again. Jumping off the cli...wait. I looked behind at the cliff.

I can just throw this off! "If you want it so bad than get it!" My voice cracked at get it and I ran towards Felix.

"No!" I heard him yell running pass me.

Phew. "What the fuck Doyle?!" I heard in the comm channel. "Abort mission I repeat abort mission!"

Why is everyone freaking...oh. I looked back to see Felix holding the sword in a falcon. "Thanks General! I will think about you when we purge this trash hole planet. Oh dead not weirdly." He chuckled out as the falcon left as I drown in the thought of now a whole planet, full of innocent dying.

....................................................................

Hey Ninja here! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Follow, vote, and comment! Ninja out!