Chapter 4: Base Beta

Present Day Tartarus

"We are about to land Locus." The soldier said standing next to the Consular, who was sitting on a crate.

Locus turned around facing away from all the prisoners. "Good," he turned to face the prisoners again. "Now get ready to get off and head inside our base understood?"

All the prisoners nodded their head and looking around the ship. I looked over at Shark Face, he was leaning against the wall, and folding his arms. I frowned from inside my helmet, he reminded me a lot of Maine. He is tall and his body structure was very familiar to Maine's.

I sighed so I could snap myself back to reality. "Phoenix, sweetheart," I turned to face Felix. "You should probably stop staring at charming Nicolas. And start packing the prisoners into their cages." He put his arm around my shoulders.

"Ugh," I shoved him off. "First off never call me sweetheart. Second I am not staring at him like that. Third you aren't in charge of me. I am only here for the fucking money which means I don't give a shit what you have to say. Understood?" I finished waiting for him to respond.

He stood there for a bit than nodded his head than chuckled. "This is why he wanted you girl, you don't take orders from people like me. You never have when you were in Project Freelancer huh?"

I chuckled. "No I listened that's what changed me."

"Changing is great! I mean now your a badass. You help take down this whole ship with us. Now recruited almost an army. You are a good person that changes." He said poking my shoulder a couple times.

Sometimes I don't understand him, he is so insane. He would be happy than serious or even both. It doesn't make sense.

I started to catch up with everyone, lining the prisoners in one line to put them in the pelican. We were on the sides, holding our guns, we weren't walking we just stood, and watched them walk in one by one.

Locus was walking behind them. "Locus," he turned to one of his best men. "The charges have been planted."

"Good." He responded.

Felix was in the front. "You better hurry little grasshoppers or you will become the new paint on the walls." He said almost in bragging tone.

Once the prisoners were all on the pelican, us mercenaries went next than the rest of the soliders. Our pilot went up to the cockpit ready to go. "Alright we are lifting off." He said over the intercom.

I looked over at Consular, he was sitting next to Shark Face, talking to him of course. I looked away and looked out the window watching the Tartarus ship explode into bits.

"Locus!" There was a male over the comm channel.

He placed his fingers on his helmet. "What?" He was calm but stern.

"The Rebels are attacking Be..." There was a gunshot than silence.

"Wash Carolina think you would love to see this." said a unfamiliar male voice.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked looking at Locus and Felix.

"Tucker." Felix said with a disgusted voice.

.............................................................
Present Day Base Beta

"What is it Tucker?" Carolina said walking into the computer room.

"There is a ton of shit here did you know that?!" I sounding excited.

Wash walked in putting his DMR on his back and started to go to the computers. "We shall see what's in this system, see if anyth..." he stopped and looked at another computer. "Uh oh."

Carolina looked out the door than back at him. "What is it?"

I looked at that computer too wondering what the hell is he reading?

It was silent for a bit than he turned to us. "We have 4 minutes before they arrive."

"4 minutes?!" I yelled a bit looking over at him.

"Yes Tucker, 4." He said started to type really fast.

"Why so quick?" I said walking over to the doorway, where Carolina was.

"Because they have been hearing us," Church came out and appeared next to the dead body. "His comm was on."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Carolina said sounding a bit irritated.

"Well I just found it out, so." He said extending the o.

Wash backed up looking at the screen. "Can't hack, Epsilon can you..."

"Yep already on it, be back in a minute." He said disappearing.

I walked outside looking up to the sky. Where were they anyways? Really wish I was... "Alright lets go now!" Carolina yelled jogging out.

Wash was behind her. "Hopefully they won't notice."

Carolina chuckled. "Well I think we should just plant C4."

Wash looked over than at me. "I agree, did we even bring any?"

Carolina brought out some C4 and nodded. "Of course."

I smiled a bit. "We have 2 minutes better do it fast."

.............................................................
Present Day Pelican

It was tense through the whole ride down to our Base Beta. Locus had his shotgun in his hands; pretty sure his hands were white from clenching the gun so hard.

Felix pacing back and forth with his hands in the air blabbing about how we underestimated them, again....

While I sat down and watch and listened. It was annoying that they got passed all of our best soldiers and now probably have important information....

"...now look what they have done now," he said with a chuckle behind his voice. "Beta. Base Beta to be exact! That's our INFORMATION base, why in the hell would you just leave just 3 soldiers?!" He yelled turning to Locus.

Locus just stood there not saying a word. He has been asking him questions since we found out, the whole time he just sat in silence. The other like the prisoners were sitting and watching like I have. Some of the soldiers were murmuring to each other about the situation.

"We are about to land Locus." the pilot said over the intercom.

"Alright." Locus said walking towards the pelican door.

"Now I am going to pumble those..." Felix started to say.

When the door opened the tank was on fire, the top gone, and kind of spilt. The soldier was on the side of it. "Wow speechless?" I said looking over at him.

He just growled and walked out. "Watch the prisoners." I said looking at one of the soldiers.

"Yes of course." He replied watching Locus, Felix, and I.

When we reached the base we went inside. "Damnit." Felix whispered bending down to the soldier.

Locus walked over to the computer than growled. "They cleaned the computers out."

Felix froze than got up looking at both of us. "Than why did they leave the base intact?"

Shit. Thats when the base exploded, I went flying passed them slamming into the other wall across the room. I shook my head than looked up with the roof collapsing on top of me, making me blackout.

.............................................................

Hey Ninja here! :) I really dont have announcements sooo just comment and vote thanks!.:)

Ninja out! :)