Chapter 26

ㅡ A YEAR LATER ㅡ

sunoo sat on top of a rock and looked at the ocean in front of him. a thick black scarf surrounded his neck as the cold breeze hit his face. the sounds of his peaceful music and the wind had a great chemistry.

he might not show it, but he still thinks of him. not a single day went by without sunoo thinking about ni-ki. after that conversation, they never talked again. sometimes, sunoo wonders if ni-ki thinks about him too.

"its 6 pm already?" sunoo sighed. he stood up, took his things, and wore his shoes. after that, he asked jay and jungwon to pick him up.

when they arrived, sunoo got in the backseat and thanked the both of them "sunoo can you give me my bag. its there in the backseat with you" jay said. sunoo saw the black bag beside him and handed it to jay but saw a plane ticket inside the bag.

sunoo raised his eyebrows and wanted to ask but shrugged it off and gave him the bag anyway "jay we're supposed to go right" jungwon groaned "oh no wonnie i have to pick someone up from the convenience store" jay giggled.

"who?" jungwon asked "you'll see"

a few minutes later, they arrived at the convenience store "jay. everyone excluding sunoo and I has a car. who are you picking up?" jungwon asked and looked outside the window. jay didn't reply and gave him a peck on his cheek.

"how many times have i told you guys to not do that in front of me! its gross!" sunoo faked a gag "sorry but wonnie's cheeks are cute~ how can i resist them" jay chuckled. sunoo rolled his eyes and continued reading the book he needed to study for the upcoming test.

"is that..?" jungwon said and gasped, not even bothering to finish his sentence "what happened?" sunoo asked. sunoo looked at what his friends were looking at and his eyes widened.

"is that really him? am i hallucinating?"

"is that ni-ki?!" jungwon yelled and jay nodded. ni-ki opened the car door and took a seat beside sunoo "hello" ni-ki greeted them "ni-ki you've grown so much! are you still taking those tenten vitamins? you're taller than the eiffel tower!" jungwon cheered.

"here's your bag" jay gave ni-ki the bag sunoo handed him earlier. that was his bag?!

"hi sunoo hyung!" ni-ki said "h- hello.." sunoo replied.

ㅡ ♡ ㅡ

"sunoo would you like to stay for the night? our parents arent home and I bet you're dying to talk to ni-ki" jay teased "sure.." sunoo replied "let's ask everyone to come! they should see ni-ki!" jungwon cheered.

a few minutes passed and they arrived at their house. they went inside and called everyone.

sunoo sat on the couch and looked down. he played with his fingers and sighed "here" ni-ki said and gave him a bottle of water. he was wondering why ni-ki was behaving this way "thank you.." sunoo received the bottle from him and drank it.

they sat in silence and caught themselves stealing glances at each other from time to time. sunoo couldn't take the tension so he excused himself and went to the bathroom. he washed his hands even though there was no need for him to do so.

he looked at the mirror, fixed his hair, and applied a lip balm on his lips.

"should I act like nothing happened? should I be happy that he's back? or should I get mad at him?" his thoughts were going all over the place.

he rubbed his temples and grabbed a tissue so he could dry his hands. he left the bathroom and went back to the living room "ni-ki!" jake yelled as he and sunghoon spotted him on the couch "jake hyung!" ni-ki yelled and ran to give him a hug.

"so you're giving jake a hug but not me?" sunghoon whined and ni-ki immediately gave him a hug as well.

a few minutes after they met ni-ki, they settled in the living room and talked about all the things that happened when he left Korea "oh I forgot to tell you that jay and jungwon are finally dating!" jake cheered "they are?! hyung, how come you never told me this?!" ni-ki faked a cry.

while everyone was talking, there was one person sitting on the couch silently, watching everyone talk "sunoo? are you okay?" heeseung asked "oh yeah im fine don't worry you can continue doing whatever you're doing" he replied with a smile.

they nodded but ni-ki just stared at him. he didn't want to lie but it made him really uncomfortable "stop staring at me" he said coldly "oh right sorry" ni-ki said and took his phone out of his pocket. he unlocked his phone, not knowing that someone was secretly watching him, and that was sunoo of course.

once he unlocked his phone, sunoo looked at the wallpaper in horror. it was a picture of ni-ki and him when they were at the beach. he didn't know what to feel. should he be happy or mad? ni-ki looked at sunoo and finally noticed that he was staring at his phone so he turned it off immediately.

"im s-" sunoo cut him off "i didn't see anything" he said and left the living room.

___________________

should i post three chapters for Christmas 😏

note: win-win is currently #1 in sunki! tysm for the support 💗