Sex on fire

Marli walks into the kitchen the next morning to find her father, Luan, and Austin all seated around the kitchen table, plates piled high with food. Her mother is loading leftovers from last night's dinner in a container. "Ah! Marlize! You sleep in so late. I wanted to wake you but Austin would not let me. Does not matter though as we have made plans, everything is sorted!" her mother says excitedly. Marli looks at Austin who seems to be trying to hide a guilty face.

"What are you talking about ma? What plans?"

"Christmas silly girl! Austin said you will be spending it up in the Utah house with him and we are invited too. So we will be up for a week during Christmas."

Marli looks over at Austin who is suddenly deep in conversation with Luan. "That's great ma, it's all settled then," she says as she slides into the chair next to Austin while commandeering his coffee. She had made no Christmas plans but if Austin wants her with him she would give that to him happily. "You could sound a little happier, Marlize." She can hear the sadness in her mom's voice. "Sorry ma, I am excited. You will love the Utah house. I am sure Austin will let his chef take off for a few days over Christmas so would you be able to cook for us?" Marli's mother's eyes light up at that. "Oh yes! What other way is there to show love? I will start getting ready right now. Answer when I phone you Marlize, you too Austin there is lots to plan, Kersfees is just around the corner," she exclaims then hurries out of the kitchen. Marli, her dad, and Luan all turn to look at Austin. Austin tries to make himself as small as possible in his chair. "You don't know what you have done Austin, good luck," Marli's dad says. Luan and Marli start laughing. "What happens from now with my mother is your own fault and it serves you right," Marli adds between her laughing.

It's late afternoon by the time Austin and Marli are back on the Harley speeding towards the hotel. The backpack is stocked full of leftovers from dinner, breakfast, and lunch as well as homemade cookies her mom managed to shove in. They pull into the underground parking lot of their hotel, but as Austin slows down he seems to change his mind and does a u-turn taking them back out into the New York traffic. Marli would try and ask what he is doing, but truth be told she was enjoying being snuggled up to Austin on the Harley so the option of staying on longer appeals to her. Besides she is pretty sure that Austin knows by now that she would always choose to follow him so there is really no point in asking. Forty-five minutes later they pull up to a tree-lined street, it's dark now but the street lights show the carriage houses are all beautifully kept with flower boxes in the windows. It's the type of street they show in musicals and Marli half expects everyone to step out their front doors and do a musical number upon their arrival. Austin parks outside a red brick house and ushers Marli inside. It's beautiful inside, it's the type of house Marli would have loved to live in if New York was still home.

"You know this is technically kidnapping right?"

"Is it kidnapping if you come freely?"

Marli lets out a little laugh, he is right she would let him take her anywhere. 

"This is my home. No one knows about it. Not even Jonas. I come here to hide...to disappear."

"It's beautiful Austin."

He watches her for a beat and she can see the cogs in his brain spinning.  He takes the heavy backpack off her shoulders and places it in the kitchen. "Come with me," he says taking her hand and leading her up the stairs to the fourth floor, it's a rooftop garden. Austin pushes a few buttons and garden lights pop up from the floor and walls revealing a rather magical-looking garden. There are so many plants it looks like they are in the middle of a forest. Austin flips another switch and the glass roof above them starts to retract into the wall. Another switch and Marli starts to hear running water. The whole setup is over the top and a little insane.
Austin leads her down the garden path and she starts to make out a roofless garden cabana that has lush white linens and pillows on it. Austin flips a few switches on the cabana and little fairy lights that are draped around the cabana twinkle to life. It's beautiful. Austin motions for Marli to climb on the cabana and when she does she sinks into the linens and pillows, so soft. She looks up at Austin and he is staring at her, those cogs still spinning.