fly away

They touch down in LA mid-afternoon and Jonas lets them know he has 5 bodyguards ready to be interviewed. They go straight to the LA home and meet Jonas there, he looks Marli up and down upset by what he sees. "Sorry, Marli. We will make sure this does not happen again," he says pulling her in for a hug. "Guys, come on it's not that big of a deal," she tries to soothe their upset. Austin pulls her into the kitchen. "It's a big deal. Ok, Jonas what have you got for us?" he asks. Jonas puts five files down in front of Austin and Marli who are now sitting at the kitchen island. "They all come highly recommended. All worked in the industry for years. All have good references. Number 1, 2, and 5 are fine, but number 3 has like no body hair, he is smooth like a dolphin and number 4 is my favorite," Jonas informs them as Austin starts looking through their paperwork. They interview both numbers 1 and 2. Big strong woman with amazing backgrounds, both are a little scary though and number 2 is allergic to dogs so they are both a no. Jonas is right about number 3 he has no body hair and says it makes him aerodynamic, he is fast as a whistle, but only in water...like a dolphin. Also, Marli misses half of what he says because she is constantly trying to stop Austin and Jonas from attempting to rub his very smooth head, arm, leg, or chest. So he is a no too.

Number 5 was OK and probably would have been hired if he had not been overshadowed by number 4. Number 4, Lou, turns out to be perfect. She is no bigger than Marli in fact she is exactly the same size. She also does not look like she spends every waking hour in the gym. Just a normal-looking girl - Lebanese, striking brown eyes, well-maintained eyebrows, and super long dagger-like nails. She grew up in England so she has a thick British accent and a witty sense of humor. Austin is a little skeptical when he learns it's her only her first bodyguard job. But Marli loves Lou and after some coaxing, he agrees to give her a go. Also when Jonas tells a joke and she makes him swear never to repeat it again he knows she will fit right in. Austin hires Lou explaining that her sole purpose is to attach herself to Marli's hip and make sure she is safe at all times. The only time Lou is not working is when Austin is with Marli. No exceptions. Lou agrees and then follows Jonas to sign her contract and an NDA. They both leave shortly after and Marli is grateful she and Austin are alone for the night.

Austin suggests they order in Chinese and she takes a shower while they wait for their food. She walks into the kitchen just as the Chinese arrives, but Austin won't let her eat until he has finished fussing over her bruises on her arms, neck, and face rubbing Vitamin K cream and giving her two more Arnica pills to swallow. She hops on the kitchen island and grabs a container of food. She ignores Austin's pointed look as he sits in one of the island chairs, taking his own container of food. After a few bites, she decides she does not like the sweet and sour pork so she pushes it aside and leans over to look at what Austin has. He huffs a small laugh and gives her his container then takes her discarded container. She takes a few bites of the cashew chicken but decides she does not like that either. Austin shakes his head.

"Oh no you don't, you have to eat."

"I know, I just am not that hungry I guess."

"I got dumplings too," he says. Marli scrunched her nose up at that. "Well I want you to eat, if I cut a green pepper up will you eat that?" he asks. "Probably, yeah," she answers. She may be enjoying how much Austin is fussing over her.
Marli eats the green pepper and has a few more bites of the pork, preening at the pleased look on Austin's face. Austin clears away the food once they are done eating and makes them each a coffee. Placing the coffee on the counter near Marli he sits back down on his chair and pulls Marli who is still sitting on the counter towards him, pushing her thighs apart so her legs are on either side of him.

"Please tell me you are wearing lace under this oversized tee."

She is definitely wearing lace...

"I can't remember, you will have to check."