On the road

The house lights go down, Marli's heart is racing, her body is covered in goosebumps and she is so nervous you would swear it was her who was going to perform. The electric atmosphere has everyone screaming before they even catch sight of Austin and when the opening riffs of the first song start the screaming turns almost deafening. Austin lets his intro go on for so long Marli gets a little worried that he is not going to show up, but then he appears out of the shadows and the screaming goes an octave higher. She can feel vibrations in her chest as sound waves hit her body. Austin is dressed in the first outfit Marli had approved from the stylist, a pink shirt and pants with a tiger on the back spattered with rhinestones. It's over the top. Marli loves it. He has his Stetson on, but he is wearing his black one, Marli had put his white one out as he said he had wanted to wear the white one to open his tour. But he looks great either way, clearly, no one is complaining. She looks out at the crowd, some fans are riding an emotional roller coaster - tears or hysterical laughter at seeing Austin on stage. Then when Austin opens his mouth to sing he demands the attention of the whole crowd. They are all mesmerized and seem to fall more in love with Austin as the concert goes on, singing, dancing, and laughing through all the upbeat happy songs or holding their friends and wiping tears as they allow their emotions to take over during the sad songs. There comes a time in the show when Austin sings one of the most popular songs and at the part, he sings that one line everyone seems to know, she can see Austin trying to gather himself when all 85 000 people sing it back to him. It must be hard to accept that so many people love you when you hate yourself as much as Austin hates himself.

Marli has been to many concerts and she does not know if it's because she is standing side stage or because it's the love of her life who is singing, but Marli not only hears the music she can actually feel it too. With one song left to go Austin stops singing and asks for the house lights to be turned on.

"I am going to play one more song for you tonight. But before I do that I wanted to say three things. First, thank you so much for coming out tonight and supporting this show. I could not do what I love doing if it were not for you, so for that, I am truly grateful and very much humbled." The fans go crazy and he has to wait a few moments for them to relax before he continues. "Secondly, this couple down here who just got engaged," he points into the crowd and the camera zooms in on the crowd throwing the newly engaged couple onto the big screen. "Seeing as you stole the limelight from me at my own show during what should be my moment, may I please be invited to your wedding?" he teases. The crowd starts screaming and the couple starts nodding and shouting, "yes!" Austin gives them a thumbs-up and a big smile. "Thank you. Congratulations!! Make some noise for the happy couple!!!!" he shouts into his mic. The crowd erupts in cheers and congratulations.

"Thirdly, I heard we have the real Buffalo Bill in the audience tonight. Anyone knows where he is?" he asks scanning the crowd. There is a noise that comes from one side of the stage and then suddenly the rest of the crowd is pointing. The camera pans over to the direction the crowd is pointing in. Zack is being lifted by his grandfather and he is waving his hands so much, Marli can see his mouth moving and she knows he is squealing in excitement, calling out Austin's name and waiving. Austin takes a chance and looks off stage at Marli flashing her a big smile while wriggling his eyebrows and then he is jogging to the side of the stage Zack is.
"Hello, Buffalo Bill. Excuse me Mr security man could you please help my friend up on stage," Austin says. The security guy leans over, grabs Zack, and deposits him on stage. Austin puts out his arms and Zack runs into them. The crowd cheers. "Everyone this is my friend, Buffalo Bill. Buffalo Bill this is everyone,"  Austin says turning him and Zack around so he can see everyone. Zack suddenly goes really shy, but gives the crowd a little wave when they all shout, "Hello, Buffalo Bill!!" Marli can see many of the women cooing at Austin's interaction with the young boy. He has all 85 000 of these people at his complete mercy, they adore him.