Spooky, scary skeletons

They get to GQ just in time for his photoshoot and interview. It's going to be a long day, but Austin is dressed in a three-piece tailored suit so Marli feels she can get through the day just fine.
Once back at the hotel Austin is dressed in a new suit and then leaves for the Levi party. It's back to the whirlwind of promotions and music. Marli curls up on her bed with Otis, Colt, and Willadeene trying to ignore the fear that's slowly creeping up her back. Austin is at a party with beautiful girls, a steady flow of alcohol, and she is sure, a selection of drugs. Her night with Austin feels like it must have just been a dream. But she can still feel traces of him on her skin and there is a sensitive purple mark on her neck from where he had sucked. It won't last forever but she hopes it will last long enough for her to convince herself that last night had been real. That it had happened. She knew what would happen, this is a choice she made. She is not good enough for Austin to choose over everything else, but she will never regret having him even if it was just for a moment. It doesn't stop the tears though. She just hopes he has the decency not to parade the girls in her face.

At midnight there is a soft rap on her room door. When she opens it she finds a very sober Austin who happens to be munching on one of her mother's homemade cookies. Her heart squeezes. "Have you tried these? They are amazing!" Austin says with a grin and a mouth full of cookie. Marli lets out a quiet laugh. "I have actually. I grew up on them," she says. Austin swallows the cookie in his mouth and steps into Marli's space. "Well then, aren't you a lucky girl," he smirks then pops the last piece of cookie into his mouth. Marli puts her hands on his chest, his beautiful chest. "What are you doing here?" she asks as Austin leans into her touch. "Well I left this horribly boring party early but found I could not sleep, so I got up to have a snack and found these here cookies and I wanted to know if you had ever tried them so I came to ask you...now I know."

Marli goes on her tippy-toes, their lips nearly touching as she loops her arms around his neck. "Yeah, now you know," she whispers. Then Austin is kissing her, walking her back into her room, and kicking the door shut with his foot. Marli feels giddy with relief and tries to control the giggle that bubbles up in her chest. Austin laughs a little too but does not detach their lips as he continues to walk her back to the bed. Just as he is about to quite literally pick her up and throw her on the bed he stops.

"You can't be serious. What the fuck is this?" He says and Marli looks back at the bed. All three dogs are lying stretched across it, looking up at Marli and Austin seemly offended by the midnight intrusion. "Where do you sleep? There is no bed left," Austin complains. Marli climbs on the bed and twists her body between the dogs. "Like this, it's comfy," she says. Austin shakes his head and puts the container of cookies down on the dresser. "They have their own beds, good beds. Fucking expensive beds on your insistence if I recall," he says and points to where the beds are in the corner of the room. "Yes, but they like this bed," Marli says, Otis and Colt whine in agreement. "See," she adds, "and the dogs deserve good beds, good food, good toys, good everything. I only insist because they are the best dogs in the world," Marli says. "You look ridiculous on that bed piled high with fucking dogs. You spoil them," he says. Marli shrugs. "I know," she says. Austin lets out a sigh. "OK, how about just for tonight they sleep on their very expensive dog beds, and tomorrow we sort out their sleeping arrangements when we get home," he says. Marli and all three dogs glare at Austin. "I think that's a little unreasonable, but fine it's late and I don't have the strength to fight with you about it," Marli says. It takes Austin about 10 minutes to coax the dogs into their beds. Marli does not help him, she sits on the bed in a huff but secretly enjoys watching Austin having to lift Otis and Colt who are practically the same size as him. Willadeen snorts her anger and Austin starts whispering in her ear. "You are my best girl and I will always love you more than life itself. You have my heart, but for tonight could I please have my bed dog free? Beautiful girl." Willadeen lets out a huge snort but does not try and wriggle out of Austin's arms when he lifts her and places her gently on her bed.