Part-18

They woke up after sometime, all hissing and Damon cursing how he'll kill me, maim me which I promptly ignored. I then motion for Elena to come forward and mutter a truth spell on the brothers and start interrogating them.

So what are you here for Damon? Be honest. "I'm here for Katherine, the love of my life, the object of my obsession" Damon says grinning dreamily yet manically.

And you Stefan what are you here for? "I'm here for Elena. She's dead ringer of Katherine. Katherine left me, left us. She didn't love me. She was only using me. But Elena is different, she human. She's innocent and pure. I stalked her for months thinking she's Katherine, but she's not. She's Not. I want to be with her. She'll love me and not use me". Stefan said adamantly.

So you're a pair of brothers, one is an obsessive sadistic bastard and the other is a delusional stalker bastard. And also you're both vampires. Got it.

"So Elena what do you think we should do about them? Since they are both here for you, you decide". I say giving out a chance to Elena. While she became an annoying and hypocrite person later, I'd like to believe she was still an innocent girl in the first season. Let's see if she'll make good use of this chance. If not I'll make sure we'll not be in any of her businesses from now on.

Now it's all up to her.

"I-I.. I don't know, I don't know anything. They-they are monsters. The girl, she..what happened to her, no one should ever have to go through that.
I-I don't know what to do with them. But maybe they are good people. They are just influenced by the wrong things. We can work with them. Show them the right way? I don't know should we? Try it - I mean?" Elena said looking at us expectantly.

"If you want that Elena by all means do it, we won't stop you but you will have to take responsibility for them, whatever they do from this point on will be your responsibility. Since you're their guarantor now every good and bad things they do you will be the sole responsible one for that. Can you handle that? If so we'll be getting out of your hair. Byeee..."

I take Care by the hand and drag her swiftly out of the house. Let's go home Care it's not our liability anymore, let's just go to sleep okay. But first I have to heal Tiffany. Although my magic can heal her fast but it's nowhere near as fast as vampire blood. But it's fast enough to heal her in a day or two. We sent her home.

Care didn't say a word that night. Maybe she was also really disturbed by Elena's decision to keep them here. She wants to 'reform' them. But they are really just a project to her so she can control them, make them at her beck and call and also make her look good in front of other people. 'Oh The Holy Dopplegänger, The Saint that gives everyone a chance to turn over a new leaf whether it's a ripper of the monterey who's known for wiping out a whole village or his psycho killer brother who killed more people than he can count and also abused one her classmates. She accepts them all. All that compassion for the offenders and petty words for the victim and she also expects we run along her idiotic reveries. Let's just not think about it. It'll just make my blood pressure rise and my magic act up. She isn't worth it. Sigh. We all slept wordlessly.

The next day we all had a quiet morning, we ate breakfast going to school as usual.

Today's the game night. Elena quit cheerleading. Caroline was concerned for her that if the brothers are making her do it. Elena told us that they talked and the brothers assured they came in peace. Stefan even gave her a necklace with vervain so they can't control her actions. Stefan promised there'll be no more secrets between them and he'll watch out for Damon so he can't run amok and be a danger to somebody. Elena believes in him and reassured us that he'll deliver his word.

I once again reminded her that Stefan better keep his word or if he fails to deliver he, his brother and she will be Very sorry.
Elena looked a little scared at the warning but swore nothing would happen to anybody and they'll see to it.

In the evening, Tanner gives a speech. Jeremy comes to provoke Tyler for no reason. Uh, we got to know the reason. He's in love with Vicky but Vicky likes Tyler and is going after him. But Ty is not rejecting her and stringing her along so she is not giving Jeremy the time of her day and is busy running after Tyler. So he's here to take out his frustration on Ty. Like seriously, the dude does not have braincells of his own.

We go to stop them but Stefan Salvatore true to his name is there to be the hero and save the day intervenes first. Jeremy cut his hand. We take Ty out of there. He's so annoyed at Jeremy. When has he ever strung along Vicky? He said very clearly he doesn't like her, nor will he like her in the future. Even then if she comes after him what can he do? If the gilbert boy seriously comes after him next time he'll break his face - Tyler seethes. We calm him down.

Tanner is still dead. Though I don't particularly feel sorry for him but it gives me the perfect reason to punish them. They deserve it for all the things they put the towns people and Bonnie through. But not tonight, tomorrow I'll make them regret not listening to me. We retired for the day.