Part-27

Kol Mikaelson’s POV :

That day it was like any other day, he was tailing his family members from the other side. His father had come to mystic falls where it all began. He was curious to see why did his dear father had returned to this wretched town. There he saw his father searching for the baby doppelgänger, Elena Gilbert. Mikael was desiccated and entombed by Abby Bennett a descendant of the Bennett bloodline. They were always a force to be reckoned with. But this particular witch was not strong enough, the spell took all her powers. She exhausted all her magic to finish the spells and lost her magic. She couldn’t take it and left her home in the dead of night.

That was the first time he saw her. A child, barely 5 years old, looking outside the window seeing her mother leaving but there wasn’t an ounce of sadness in her eyes. There was a detached air around her, like she’s not from this world and nothing can bother or surprise her anymore. This look both surprised and intrigued Kol.

That was the moment he knew, he was hooked up. He followed the little girl around, saw her come into her powers. The older Bennett witch teaching her about the crafts. She was like a sponge while learning, whatever you throw at her, she’ll absorb all knowledge there is.

But there were also some strange things happening around her. Whenever she writes something in her diaries he could never read it and after she left the diaries they would disappear. He couldn’t find it or saw where or when they were gone. Like some mysterious powers were keeping them away from them.

In time with her diligent practicing her powers bloomed but it was not enough to satisfy the little witch. There was a hunger for learning in her. She never slacked off from learning, whether it was her school studies or going through her grandmother's grimoires, she was on top of her classes.

Her friends were good, she protected them and they were loyal to her. She told them she was a witch and they kept her secret for her.

6 years ago that was the day she took the big decision that changed her life. That ritual was magnificent. He had never seen anything that can rival it. Many witches in pursuit of powers tries rituals like these but nobody could make it work and ends up dead. But she did it. The little witch never fails to fascinate him.

It was stimulating enough to keep him coming for more and more. He wanted to a part of her everyday life, he wanted to be there when she was learning taekwondo, he wanted to be there when she was learning new languages, he wanted to be there when she was back from her cheerleading practices.

Her encounters with the doppelgänger were honestly vexing. He could see she was annoyed by her most of the time but still for some reason tolerated her. Why? He didn’t know.

She saved a vampire named Enzo today. The Augustine society, trying to make vampires to feed on vampires, experimenting on them. If he was there he would’ve teared them up to the last man standing before making it rain blood.

His little witch all grown up, doing dangerous missions alone. If he was there he could hold her in palm of his hand. She will never have to face any dangers alone. He could take care of them for her.

His beautiful witch, he didn’t know when it all began, watching her for hours to come but still wanting more, he wanted her to himself. Her affection directed towards him. He’d wonder how it would feel to hug her, to kiss her, to make her his.

When? When will he be undaggered? When can he see her in that side of the veil?
When? When? When? He couldn’t not do anything. He has to something, anything to get Klaus to undagger him faster. He from then on checked up on his brothers regularly to see if they were anywhere near undaggering him.

The summer took off nicely, he went back and forth among being with Bonnie, keeping an eye on his older brother Elijah and checking on Klaus’s progress to lift his curse. Only then will they remember to wake him up.

He was checking up on Elijah these days. When he went back to his little witch he got to know she left for New York. Elijah was also in New York but it’s not like just because they are in the same city they’ll have to meet, there’s no way for such coincidence.