Soon, Princess

Niccolò

She sat with a blonde girl smiling and talking in a roadside café. She looked so pretty in that red sweater while her chestnut locks fell effortlessly over her shoulders. I have always had a soft side for brunettes. Such a waste. She will have to die.

"Nic, when are you planning to kill her?"

It was Luigi in the driver's seat. My oldest pal, my confidante in this deathly business.

"Soon" 

I said while fidgeting a lighter between my fingers. My eyes never left her sight.

"Well, anytime you have a change of heart, I will always be ready for a good fuck." He chuckled, making me grin.

"You may have her, for all I care, but ultimately she will have to die."

Caterina

"Don't tell me you are not even going to attend my birthday party."

My best friend P looked at me with a 'bitch don't you dare look on her face. She looks so adorable with that mad look in her brown eyes.

"I have to go to Germany, Paxe, I want to stay, but I can't."

There was a moment of silence between us. I know she is mad at me; she has every right to be. But I can't stay here. Aunt Cami wants me to go far away and settle down.
I was sipping my coffee when I saw a kid with beautiful blue eyes coming toward our table.
He stood before us and gave me a black rose and a small note. I looked up at him, but he ran across the street hurriedly.

"You still receive these ?" She said while raising her eyebrows.

" Yeah, every year on the 4th of January."

"It can be a secret admirer." She grinned.

"Secret admirer, you say? You know the black rose symbolises death, right? And what's with this creepy note -
'Soon, Princess ?"

"This means the person wants you dead; girl, have you wronged someone in your past?" She chuckles.

I shrugged. "Doesn't matter; I won't be receiving them anymore," I said before taking a sip of the almost cold coffee.

"What do you mean ?"

I stared at her blankly.

"When are you returning?" Her eyes widen in a sudden realisation.

I gulped, preparing for what was about to come next.
"N-Never."

She choked and spilt the coffee all over the table. She looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Caterina Angelo, are you fucking kidding me right now? Are you even my best friend? You are going away and telling me when I am forcing you to speak ?"

"Paxe-"

"Don't "Paxe" me; I can't believe you are doing this to me." I could see devil horns on her blonde hair. Man, she was so so mad.

"I knew you would react like this and bully me into staying. Don't you get this; I had to lie because of you."

"I bully you ?" She said with an offended tone raising her hands in the air dramatically; that's how she is made over expressive and dramatic. That's what everyone in our college drama team used to say.

"Yeah, YOU DO .. somet -

Before I could finish my sentence, I felt a splash of cold water over my face grabbing the people's attention. 

"You are such a bitch Paxe." I gasped as I wiped my face with the hem of my cardigan.

"You know what? Don't ever try to contact me, fuck you."

"I don't even need you, don't bother seeing me off ... Okay?" I yelled.

She stomped out of the café, leaving me alone, looking like an idiot in front of everyone. Well, it had to be done. Someday I had to tell her. It is the last week I am in here anyway. I will go to Germany to earn money, find a lovely boyfriend and new friends and settle there forever.

But somewhere deep down, I knew I would miss my best friend, but I had no choice but to pretend that I didn't care. 

______

I was outside the airport alone with huge ass luggage in my hands at 10:30 PM. The weather was freezing, and no one decided to see me off.  Aunt Cami and her family were least bothered; I think they were glad they no longer had to look after me. She had been taking care of me only for my parent's money. Now that she has exhausted all the resources, she doesn't want to keep me anymore.

I hoped Paxe would come. But who am I kidding? I told her I didn't need her, and she bullied me. Who on earth would like to bid farewell to a person like me?

 The place was crowded. I saw people moving around the airport. Some were happy, and some were sad. Everyone had someone who cared about them and who mattered to them. Guess I'll never have someone who will care about me. Ride or die with me. Will always forgive me and be there for ----

" Caterina, you dumb ass bitch." Be there for me.

I grinned before turning around. I knew exactly who this voice belonged to.

"I knew you would come." I had tears in my eyes. I was about to hug her, but she pushed me, making my stuff fall.

"You complete ass Caterina Angelo, you were going without meeting me ?"

"I am sorry," I mumbled. She held my shoulders and pushed me into a deep hug. God, I am going to miss this girl.

I broke the hug and looked into her eyes with my expressions as sincere as possible.

"Promise me you will confess to Dante ." I gripped her hand tightly while she looked down at the floor.

"Oh my goodness, Paxe Bianchi, you're blushing; I knew you had a thing for that jock."

She looked up with a wide grin on her face. She was about to say something when a black SUV pulled in front of us, blocking our path to the airport.

"What the -"

A/N

This story might appear ordinary right now, but trust me it gets better

Champagne Problems- Taylor Swift 😭