One Kiss Away From Killing

"You are only going to hurt yourself, Caterina."

He sighed as he saw me struggling against the handcuffs.
I looked at him with hatred-filled eyes as I continued to set myself free. I winced as the cold metal grip stung my already bruised wrist.

Suddenly he held my wrist lightly, stopping my actions as he took something out of my pocket, but the room was too dark for me to see anything.

"I hope you're familiar with this?"

He noticed me squinting in the darkness and brought it right in front of my eyes, making me widen for a brief second.

The pager.

Fuck. Where did he find it?

Only a stupid person

like you will hide it in the bathroom

what do I do now?

Don't you dare

Utter Enzo's name.

"Who gave you this?" Niccolò grabbed my chin between his index finger and thumb, making me look into his steely eyes.

"Who.gave.this.to.you?" His grip on my face tightened.

He'll know. He'll make me speak. I panicked.

He's just trying to

Intimidate you, just like he did in the past.

"I bought this." I was surprised by the calmness of my voice.

"Oh yeah? From where?" He scoffed.

"And..why should I tell you?" I rolled my eyes.

In the next moment, he jerked my shoulder, pushing me further into the chair, and making the wooden piece rub against my bare shoulders.

"WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO BE THE BAD GUY CATERINA? HUH?"

I gasped as he grabbed my hair tightly.

"Come on.. hit me.." It was almost like a whisper.

His eyes widened in shock.

"I can see it in your eyes, Niccolò DeVille. You want to hit me. Then do it."

I could see his palms curling into a ball.

"I SAID HIT ME !"

Suddenly he raised his hand in the air as my voice echoed, making me fearfully shut my eyes.

I opened my eyes to see him kneeling in front of the chair.

He did want to hurt me; I could see it in his eyes. Then why didn't he?

"I-I can't do that. I can't think of hurting you." He says in a low voice.

        He's a manipulator
   Please don't fall for his act.

Is he?

"Why? Is that the guilt holding you back, or-or you just doing what you're good at lying? You're a FUCKING MANIPULATOR! A KILLER!"

"Call me that one more time and see what happens."

"What will happen? Huh? Will you kill me? Kill the people I care for? Abuse me? What will you do? TELL ME !!" I didn't realise I was crying until I felt his hand on my cheek, wiping the tears off my face.