Devil In Disguise

"Mmph"

"Mmph"

The poor man desperately tries to free himself from the demonic grip. He struggles to speak until finally, she decides to let him. With a wide grin, she removes the blood-stained cloth from his mouth.

"Don—"

She placed the cloth back, this time even harsher, as she continued to play with her prey. That's how she is made. That's all she knows—getting what she needs. She owes the world nothing; neither the globe can provide her with anything that has value in her eyes.

She chuckles slowly as the man continues to cry silently. He was probably begging the almighty god to protect him from the pure evil he's encountered right in the middle of the night, unprepared. He can't think clearly. The world seems blurry as blood drips down his head, travelling to his white shirt.

Seeing a man begging in front of her gives her a certain satisfaction. The sinister grin never replaces her lips as she continues to carve the beautifully embroidered dagger into the man's chest.

"Do you like it ?" She asks curiously. She blinked, continuously waiting for his response, which never came.

"I think you do it now." She says, parting her lips slightly, focusing on the pattern she continues to carve on his stomach, peeping through the half-undone shirt.

The man didn't have enough energy to look up and stop her anymore. The assault has lasted for almost an hour now. He wants her to know that he is praying for an end, which she isn't in the mood to give him this easily.
She needs to do this to please her demons to stay quiet. If she doesn't do, as they say, she will go crazy. For it's her demons that are keeping her sane. They are the cause of her sanity after everything that she's been through.

The man whimpers, indicating he's had enough. He has reached the limit. The pain she is causing him is slowly taking away his life.

"Shh...the more you speak, the more it's going to piss me."

"Why... are y-you doing... this  ?" The man speaks as he coughs thick blood, which drops to the floor, indicating his limited time to live.

"She wants revenge but is too afraid to do the dirty work. " She says as she places the blade under his chin, making him look into her eyes.
She doesn't like it when someone doesn't look at her when she speaks. She feels neglected and unloved like she's supposed to in her entire existence.

"Are you scared to die?" She asks like she wasn't scared to die at a point in her life.
The man continued to shiver under the cold metal; he could barely keep his eyes open.

"Tsk tsk, I assumed you to be the braver one."
Suddenly she comes closer and places a finger on the man's almost lifeless chest.
"Tell him I said Hi," she whispers, bringing her lips near his ear.

Without wasting a breath, she stabbed the blade right into where his heart belonged, placing a hand around his mouth.
She brings her ear near his heart; a victorious smile spreads on her face as she hears his last heartbeat.

Caterina

I saw a few of Niccolò's men heading towards his office room this morning. They all had a frightful look carved on their faces. The staff is stunned as yet another brutal murder has occurred at The DeVille Mansion. This time it was one of Niccolò's guards, Rojas.

They say the patterns are similar, a dagger slicing the chest, making its way to the heart, the eyes of the victim popping out for the monster they saw in their last moments. Niccolò doesn't tell me anything. The maids won't talk to me, duh.
Tristano has been maintaining his distance like he never knew me. Everyone has different stupid theories. Few are against me, but mainly they're all targeting Tristano.

I switched the Television on to distract myself from overthinking when suddenly I heard the pager vibrating under the pillow.

      ~ R U OK?
              -ED  ~

A smile replaced the frown I had earlier. It has been too long since I haven't seen him. The only way to communicate with him is through this stupid grey metallic machine. I was about to type something back when I heard a knock at the door. I immediately placed it inside the drawer and turned up the volume of the TV.

"Come in." My voice sounded almost like a squeal.

It was Niccolò. I must say he looked too relieved because this house had witnessed two murders over five days.
I patted the space behind me for him to come over. But he chose not to.

I roll my eyes.
"It's not like I'm going to kill you."

He didn't say anything.

"Whoops, no murder jokes."I chuckled playfully.

He sighed and moved towards the bed occupying a little corner while his eyes were fixed on the screen monotonously. We sat like that for almost 5 minutes until he decided to speak.

"Why were you not in your room last night?" His voice was low, like he was tired and frustrated.

Huh? Wasn't I in my room last night?
My eyebrows frowned as I tried to remember.

"Who says that ?"

"Luna came to check on you and - "

"You appointed her to check on me ?! "

"That's not w—" He raised his hands in defence, but I wasn't in the mood to listen.

"I might have gone to bring water from the kitchen, so what? That makes me double murder suspect ?!" I yelled.

He punched his fist on the bed, making me flinch back.

"I told her to check if you have locked your room.

I mouthed an Oh as I played with my fingers awkwardly.

I didn't say anything. There was a moment of silence between us. Suddenly he stood up and moved towards me.

"Call me if something happens. Also, quit the midnight adventures, okay?" He mutters softly as he caresses my cheeks.

I nodded.

A/N

Yep, that's what we call split personality, thanks to all the trauma boys

This is love — Air Traffic Controller