(Book 2) The Unholy Reunion

The demons of the past have risen once again, more powerful and ferocious than ever before. The path ahead is shrouded in a mist of blood and pain, with the promise of passionate love stories and heart-wrenching betrayals to come. Within the darkness, a deadly game of revenge awaits those with the courage to play. Will you have the strength to enter the abyss, confront the truth, and put an end to the cycle of pain? Or will the echoes of revenge consume you, dragging you down into the shadows of despair, forever lost and forgotten? The choice is yours, but be warned - the price of failure is higher than you can ever imagine.

A/N : yep, I decided to continue with the sequel here, Enjoyyy~

It was Christmas night, a time of joy and warmth, with the city bustling with happiness and the anticipation of creating lasting memories for its people. But for Eliza, a final-year med student, it had turned into a harrowing descent into a nightmare.

She stumbled into a desolate alley, blood flowing down her throat, and struggled to breathe due to a psychopath's attack. Her breathing was short and erratic as the realization struck her with brutal clarity—she was now ensnared in a twisted battle for survival.

But how did she end up like this?

Eliza's heart, heavy with the recent betrayal of her cheating boyfriend Zack, echoed the chill of the wintry night. Amidst the city's jubilant celebrations, she found herself wandering alone, swallowed by suffocating loneliness that gnawed at her soul. For years, she had been bound to Zack, her high school sweetheart, through every high and low. The pain was overwhelming because she had genuinely believed Zack was the one, the person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Determined to numb the pain, she drowned herself in alcohol, losing herself to the hypnotic rhythm of the music.

That's when she met him—an intriguing stranger with captivating green eyes and a beautiful, almond-like smile. He politely asked if he could join her for a dance. Oh boy! how could she resist? In his presence, she felt like she had encountered an angel who would take away her loneliness tonight. They danced and drank, repeating the cycle over and over again, until he suggested giving her a ride home. Green Flag, Eliza thought.

"Do you live alone?" he asked.

"Yeah, I moved out from my mother's boyfriend's house when she died," Eliza replied.

"And your dad?"

"He left us when I was 7."

With a deepening connection, Eliza decided to share everything with him—the pain of her cheating boyfriend, her aspirations of becoming a surgeon, her sad childhood, and how no one would even notice if he kills her tonight :)

'Stupid girl with a stupid, crappy past. No wonder everyone leaves you '
He thought to himself, wearing a smile on his face as he listened to her rant about her pathetic life. They walked out of the bar together.

'No problem. I will help you put an end to this pathetic life of yours.'

"Hey.. I think you took a wrong turn," slurred Eliza, her voice tinged with the effects of alcohol as confusion clouded her mind.

"No, I did not," the stranger replied, his voice dripping with sinister assurance.

"Yes, you did. My condo is in the previous block," Eliza insisted.

The stranger's smile widened, revealing a set of unnaturally sharp teeth. "Oh, we're just taking a little detour," he said, his tone laced with sadistic delight.

Eliza opened her mouth to argue further, but something in the stranger's eyes made her pause. His once gorgeous green eyes flickered, and his angelic smile transformed into something unnerving. Her instincts screaming at her, Eliza desperately reached for the door handle, only to find it locked.