Lamb To Slaughter

I felt a tap on my shoulders as I opened my eyes. My eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room. 

"Madam ?"

"Caterina!"

"Madam, You are bleeding ?"
I heard a high-pitched female voice. It was Luna. She had a worried look in her eyes. It took me a moment to realise what she meant.
I realised I was lying in a pool of blood. My heart clenched on remembering the horrible things that happened last night.

"Madam, are you alright? Who did this to you?"

My body was hurting as I tried to get to my clothes.

"Do I need to call Boss?"  She looked concerned.

"Huh ?" I looked at her in confusion as tears dropped down my cheeks. She hugged me, trying to make me calm down.

"Who did this ?"

"L-Luigi "
She wasn't surprised at all. It's like she knew.

"He is a true monster; he does this to young maids too; they all are scared of him ."

"No one complaints ?"
I was heartbroken. I can't even imagine how many women have been raped by an asshole like him.

"He always gets away with this, but you should tell master; he will believe you."
I looked at the ceiling and felt numb.

"Madam ?"

"I need to shower; please go and don't tell anyone."

She nodded as she helped me get into the bathroom and brought me clean clothes.

______

I was playing the piano to ignore my loud inner thoughts, but I wasn't helping. I felt used. Everyone wants my body; no one asks me how I am doing. No one cares. I am just a lamb to the slaughter. I just wanted to hide under the covers of my bed and be away from the sight of these monsters. I wanted to go home, far away from my demons telling me to give up.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to burst into tears, I wanted to get drunk and kill myself, But all I could do was stare at the wall in silence.

Suddenly heard a slight knock at the door; I panicked. I looked up to see it was Niccolò, he was smiling at me, but I didn't smile back. I wasn't in the right state to talk.

His smile turned into a
frown. He came towards me and sat on the space beside me as he held my hand lightly. The concern on his face felt genuine, Or is it just me looking for something to hold on to? I have become so pathetic.

"What's wrong, princess ?" He asked with his grave, serious voice.

"I–"

I was cut short by a knock at the door. It was him, the bastard. He smiled at me slyly when Niccolò turned around to face him. My grip on Niccolò's hand tightened.

"What is it, Luigi ?"

"Niccolò, there is something your need to see right now ."

"I am coming ." He turned towards me; I looked up to see Luigi signalling me to shut up. I was afraid.

"This can't wait, Boss."

Niccolò suddenly got up, removing his hands from mine, but I held them tighter.

"Please don't."
He chuckled lightly.

"I am coming, princess, just a moment, okay ?"
He kissed my cheek before heading downstairs, followed by Luigi.

I sighed in relief. 

A few minutes later, I heard a familiar whistle near the door. I clutched my thighs in fear. I knew this sound I didn't want to look up.

"Hello there ", He whispered.

"Go away; I am going to tell him everything ."

"You can't."

I looked up with rage in my eyes.

"I can and I will."

He shrugged. "Unless you want Tristamo to stay alive, you won't."

"Wh-What do you mean ?" I was confused.

"I saw you are kissing his mouth that day; you don't want me to tell Niccolò, right ?" He grinned, making me want to kill him.
A tear escaped my eyes.

"Now wipe that off before he comes and be a good girl, okay ?"

"Go away...please ."

"Laters, baby", He winked before heading downstairs whistling.

I was helpless, and that feeling was horrible. I felt my nails digging into my thighs, making me wince in pain. I don't have anyone to help me from his mess. I can't live with this feeling.

Niccolò

I was on my way back to her room after settling the matter downstairs. While I was signing those documents, my mind was still with her.

She wanted me to stay.

I rushed upstairs to see her staring at the ceiling with her arms crossed across her chest. She didn't notice my presence. So I sat near her and held my arms around her shoulders. Her nose and cheeks were red.

"Hey, were you crying ?" 

She looked down while a teardrop escaped her eyes. I held her chin and made her face me.

"Princess, what's wrong ?"

She hugged me while sobbing badly. For the first time in my life, I was scared. I patted her head back softly, waiting for her to open up.

I held her in my arms while she placed her head against my chest. I wanted to know everything, but I didn't feel like forcing things out of her at that moment. She needed me.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" I whispered while caressing her cheeks.

Her breathing paused for a moment before she nodded her head.

"Should I call the doc ?"

"N-No, I-I am fine." She finally spoke up.

"Did someone say anything to you ?"

She shook her head immediately.

"Are you being honest with me ?"

She nodded with her eyes closed.

"Okay, sleep more, Princess; I am right here," I said as I wrapped my arms around her body while covering her with a blanket.

Caterina

I woke up. It was dark outside. I was lying alone in my room, around 6 in the evening. I slept for so long that I was hungry.

"Oh, you are up." I turned around to see Niccolò standing near the balcony. He was shirtless. He moved toward me, picked his shirt from the couch, and began putting it on.

"Thank you for.. staying,"
I mumbled.

"Are you feeling better now ?"
I nodded. Honestly, I was feeling better and ..safe. Safe with the guy who wants to kill me. The irony in the situation makes me want to laugh so hard.
"Come on, eat something, freshen up; we are going somewhere."

"Where ?" I yawned.

"Surprise princess, come down by 7." He winked before heading out of the room.

A/N

What's your favourite BTS song?
I will go first : Life Goes On 🥺🥺