E I G H T E E N

// NEW SPECIES \\

// NEW SPECIES \\

"I'll take Bella to the prom...then i'm done with her." Edward said to his family members as they all gathered in Jasper's room. Seraphina laid in his bed, her arms were gently laid across her stomach and her eyes were closed. Her hair was brushed neatly and she was dressed in a short black dress.

"Is that sensible?" Carlisle questioned in relation to the fact Bella was aware of what they were.

"No. But i can't...i can't see her the same." Edward glowered at Seraphina's body. He examined her light makeup.

~

Bella was back home, her leg was in a cast for it was broken. She exited the bathroom and was about to go into her room when she looked to the stairs that led to Seraphina's room. She slowly walked up the stairs and then into Seraphina's room.

It was empty. Bar her bed, her drawers, her rugs and her TV. She checked the drawers but they were empty. Her bed was the same...made and unused.

She gulped as she ran her hand over the covers softly. She had done this.

"My god." She mumbled, sitting on the bed. She picked up a toy she had gotten her one day when the two were out and she clutched it in her hands. The teddy bear stared at her with eyes full of judgement. "I'm so sorry. He was right." Bella let a few tears fall as she realised that, even after every cruel word she had spoken to Seraphina...her sister still helped her. Or atleast, tried to.

And now she had lost Seraphina. She couldn't say goodbye and she couldn't say sorry.

As the thought dawned on her, Bella broke down. She cried hysterically as she rocked back and forth on the bed, clutching the toy within her grasp.

~

Jasper was left alone in his room. He wouldn't take his eyes off of Seraphina, hoping the venom changed her and not killed her.

It was difficult to know because Seraphina was a hybrid. She was already part of the supernatural world.

"I'm sorry. I-" The TV that was placed in Jasper's room - courtesy of Seraphina - flicked on. The Civil War film, Gone with the Wind, began to play. But the specific part was when Rhett Butler spoke.

"Quite frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn." He said and Jasper frowned. The screen flickered again and this time the Corpse Bride played.

Lord Barkis said, "Tell me, my dear, can a heart still break once it stopped beating?"

"Sara?" Jasper whispered, staring at the screen in astonishment. Before he could say anything else, the lights flickered. The Cullen siblings with Carlisle and Esme filed into the room and looked at each other in concern.

Seraphina's chest rose, as though she took in a deep breath. Carlisle gasped as he heard a heartbeat in the room.

"Her heart....it's-"