Chapter-1

"I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more." —Angelita Lim

Your pov

The bullet punched it's way through it's neck, causing a gaping hole in its wake that quickly filled with blood and gushed out.The gunshots echoed deafeningly in the shop. As its body fell limply on the marbled floor.

There weren't any shop or house near that grocery shop Only tall dried grasses so it was obvious no monsters will be attracted to the gun sound.

I quickly walked in the familiar aisle and started looking for any food or water or medics but I know it's already empty, I still looked maybe just a little would have been left?

I shuffled through the shelves but couldn't find anything except a m & m candy packet, looks like this what we eating today.

I sighed and quickly left the store making sure to close door before exiting because I don't want those things coming again in store probably waiting for me.

I reached my hatchback opening door as creature tackled me , making me huff in annoyance.

"Get off me! Simba!!!" I yelled at my Shiba inu.
He licked my face but I just pushed him off and entered the car starting it and driving off.

"Ouch!" I Yelp in the pain as cold hand touched my fresh wound which occured today at my knees because of sliding on the road.

"Who told you to slide and act like action film heroes? Huh?" She yelled at me, I innocently look at her battling my lashes.

"I'm sorry I was just trying!" I respond taking in her hard features getting soft.

"Please just don't do that again you know how much you scared me?" She bandaged the wound and caressed my matted locks.

"I'm sorry bea, I was just improving myself for better ,just to keep you safe!" She smiled softly.

"It's okay, I'm glad it wasn't that bad or worst anyways what did you bring for this week?" She asked happily as my smile faded.

She looked at confuse admiring my dropped features and frown.

"Umm just this! It's tasty you know , how long it had been seen we ate this isn't it?" I handed her the candy.

"But it's small amount" she frowned.

"Uh no problem you eat, I'm probably full just gonna sleep I'm tired." I quickly waved, I was hungry but it doesn't matter when she is because I love her so much and I can't see her weak and skinny.

"But-" I started snoring making her believe I'm asleep.

But eventually my eyes became heavy and I slept off.

I groaned as I stretched myself taking my surrounding , The room is too small
We're cramped for space in this room,
We're packed in like sardines in this room,
Living here is like living in a prison cell.

Only because this was safest place in whole city no zombie, no danger just me,my dog and my sister.

This was like a hideout far away from city in grassy area.

I looked beside me admiring bea, she so beautiful just like her mom.

I wonder if there is any other being this beautiful like her alive in this world despite by the fact everyone are rotted zombies.

"Take picture, it will last longer." I slightly jumped at her voice.

" Wouldn't mind!" She blushed making me chuckle she is so shy.

"Um I was wondering if we are eating something today- oh wait!" She jumped out of bed and grabbed something from small table.

She opened her palms showing me the candies I brought yesterday

"You didn't ate?" I asked looking at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I wasn't hungry and you also slept so thought why would I eat if you haven't." Awe she is so sweet.

"Awe my baby." I hugged her, she blushed like a Tomato.

"So.... We would be keep hiding here or just go out and find something to eat or drink?"

She has point but I don't want to risk her life, but leaving her here would also be risking.

"But what if something happens to you?" She sighed placing her hands on mine. Blushing slightly.

"But we can't just die here with hunger, what if because of hunger I started to eat simba!?" What.the never I'm letting my boy die like this.

"Oh- no never you aren't eating him!" We both looked at simba who was curiously tilting his head and looked at us innocently before playing with his toy again.

"So that's why we have to find out there something to eat or maybe even we can find survivors?" She has freaking point but there's a bad feeling about this whole outing thing.

"Okay pack up, we leaving when Sun completely sets." She nodded and hurried packing her stuff.

I sighed I have to protect her even if costs my life just like I promised her mother.

Bea yelled in pain as I hurriedly took her in her room , continuesly yelling for dad.

Her tears started to flow by now , my heart was aching so much seeing her like this suddenly dad and her mother came worriedly and comforted her till then dad patch up her wound, till now  she has stopped crying and just sniffed.

"How did this happened?" Dad asked as I replied.

"Some boys pushed her off from swings and she got big scratch ,but don't worry i got their asses! Now they will not touch her!" I smiled proudly as dad patted my head.

Bea giggled as she pushed herself off on her feets tip toed and kissed me on cheek making me smile as dad started to chase her saying he wants that too.

"Thank you y/n, for making my daughter so happy. Just promise me you'll take care of her and not let her hurt in anyway?" Her mother's soft voice made me more relaxed.

"Sure i cross my heart I will protect her no matter what."

"Y/n?" I snapped out of my trance and look at the blonde head and nodded.
"Take some rest will leave soon." She nodded.

Just as you know zombies can see in night but their senses aren't probably correct. Something they miss but sometimes they don't so it depends on our luck.

I hurriedly put everything in the small trunk and helped bea inside the car pulling simba together and sat at driving seat and drove off to wherever this road takes us.

"Let's talk about this living deads or zombie that's what I heard in movies. These people have been identified as being very slow, and have an empty look in their eyes, as if they are in some sort of haze. They do not communicate, and have attacked young and old alike. Along the Interstates, cars have been reported overturned, and the occupants dragged out and murdered. This is the same everywhere in the Eastern Seoul. In Goyang,Incheon,Daegu, Daejeon,Gwangju,Yongin,Gwacheon,Ulsan these groups has been reported in action.  although initial reports from Changwon and Busan are just now coming.I still don't how this virus transmitted. I'm y/n , i am a college student or at least I was and this is apocalypse of 2022"

I recorded the video as bea giggled and simba eyed me curiously.

----