Chapter 2

(Techno's POV)

He watched as the two princes sparred in the training grounds. They had agreed to do it for him to watch. They had been doing it awhile, since they were pretty evenly matched. He adjusted his red cloak as a cool breeze came through.

The cold sucks....Let's find something new....You could take them both....Crush them

Ah, be quiet. He shushed the voices in his mind.

Boredom finally got to him and he wandered away from the area. He remembered seeing the princess, (Y/n), if he remembered correctly, leaving not long after her brothers began fighting. He caught a glimpse of (h/c) as he walked down the hallway. Looking out the window, he saw her in the garden under a viney terrace.

She glanced up at him when he came outside. Her (e/c) eyes glancing over his mask. She smiled when she saw he was alone.

She smiled....So pretty....I like her name....

"I'm guessing they're still duking it out?" Her voice and smile hinted at laughter.

"Yeah, they're pretty evenly matched. I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted until sundown." They laughed together, imagining it. "So, what are you doing out here?"

"Just cooling off, really. It's always so warm inside." Her cloak slightly moved...on its own. But she didn't seem to notice. "Is your mask comfortable?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Not really." He admitted, slightly adjusting it. "It's just an old custom of my people to use them when we're doing business with others."

"Are we doing business right now?" She looked at him sideways with a smirk. A smile crept onto his face.

Smooth....Can we trust her?...Do it!...Do it!...

"I suppose not." He undid the strap and slowly removed it, watching for her reaction. But her smile only widene
"Now you can be more comfortable." She said as she patted the spot next to her on the bench. He decided to join her.

He released a bated breath as the cool stone chilled him and the blue sky calmed his nerves that had been acting up since yesterday. Being outside of the Nether was the strangest thing that had happened to him. Wearing the mask had made him feel hidden. And meeting the king had been another thing as well to think about. At least the voices hadn't been too bothersome.

He felt her eyes and glanced towards her. She was smiling at him. Her cloak shifted again....on its own!

What in the world?...What is she hiding?...She's so pretty....

She saw his smile slightly fall. "Is something wrong?"

"No...but, pardon my curiosity, but is there something moving your cloak?" He gestured to it.

"Oh." She paused and blushed slightly. She removed it from her shoulders and Techno stared at her newly revealed, immaculately colored wings. "They must have been twitching."

"Wow." He breathed.

So cool....She can fly?...Jealous....

"Yeah, I like to hide them when doing business." They laughed together again. A comfortable silence settled as they took in the scenery around them. She picked a few blue and white roses and was slowly twisting them together.

His red eyes traveled around the garden, taking in the many flowers still blooming on the cool autumn afternoon. His gaze traveled past them to the small orchard farther on down a small slope, surrounded by dark green hedges. Another breeze came and left.