Chapter 13

TW: Violence and blood and death.
(Techno's POV)
He charged Dream, but ducked away instead of striking the first blow. This caused his opponent to stumble slightly. His sword scathed the netherite armor slightly under that green cloak. The Chaos God laughed when he felt it.

"Not expecting that, did you?" He shouted as he brought his sword down towards the pinkette. But it missed him narrowly as he blocked with his own sword.

"Puh-lease." He said smoothly. "I could only expect that much from a coward." Dream scowled and kicked him away quickly. He let out an oof as he hit the floor.

At the same time, Sapnap charged with a netherite ax. Dream easily dodged the wild swings as he tired. Finally, he grabbed the shaft and threw it and the black haired man across the room. Techno got up from the ground as the door suddenly slammed open again.

Punz turned from where he had been waiting for Dream's attack to see Eret with his sword out. He smiled with relief to see his companion. Techno was able to get a hit on Dream, who was distracted.

"Fools." He said, spitting blood from his mouth as he dodged away. "You think you can win."

"I've done it before." Returned the Blood God.

YEAH!...Blood for the Blood God!...Destroy Dream!...

He slightly shook his head to clear it as he advanced towards Dream. They engaged once more in the deadly dance. They traded hits and bruises, hatred pouring out of both. Punz was trying to help Sapnap up.

"Look out!" Shouted (Y/n) out of the blue. Techno turned in time to not get stabbed in the heart. But Eret still got him in the shoulder. His yell of pain echoed through the hall as he fell to his knees. "No!" She screamed as she tugged against her restraints.

His mask was cracked from the relentless battling and the cuts dripped blood around his body. His breathing was rough and quick as Dream put his sword to his throat. So this is how it ends? He wondered. He glanced over at his love. At least I got to see her one last time....

((Y/n) POV)
Dream's gonna kill him. Tears were pouring down her face as she tried to break free from the metal. Eret had Punz in a similar position. A traitor....

"Are you ready to die?" Dream asked him. The latter was clutching his left shoulder in pain. "I'll admit, our rivalry has been fun. But you have to die before I rule everything. And with (Y/n)'s help, it will be very soon."

"You don't deserve her." Techno spat out. Her heart flooded with love for this man. Willing to sacrifice everything, even his life, to help her. There was something else though.

"Sure, but at least I will get her, unlike you." He grabbed the pinkette's long braid and held him up as Techno cringed in pain. Her eyes closed as she reached towards that second thing in her mind.

"I love you, (Y/n)." Was all she heard as everything went completely white.

"What in the-" The flash disappeared and she had an incredibly white sword at Dream's throat. Her body looked completely healed and her wings and dress seemed to glow.

"You deserve to die." Her voice almost echoed inside of itself. His mask suddenly fell, revealing intense green eyes. Fear filled every part of them. "But unlike you, I'm merciful." She suddenly punched him, square in the nose. He fell to the floor, clutching his face. "I hereby, banish you to the farthest End island. You will never be allowed to leave or have anyone visit you." His eyes looked up at her glowing figure.

She turned and threw her sword suddenly, pinning Eret to the wall. He gasped as he dropped his sword. "You are coming back for punishment from my father." She only nodded to the other warriors. Then she crouched in front of Techno.

"You're amazing, you know that, (Y/n)?" She smiled as he looked up at her. She removed his mask, seeing all the new cuts on his face.

"Let me help you." She traced her fingers over every slice, including his shoulder. The skin miraculously healed itself. He still cringed as his shoulder still hurt. "Let's go home." Supporting him slightly, they walked out the door together. Punz was ahead with Sapnap, shoving Eret along.

"What are you?" He asked as they walked slowly down the long hall. He noticed she had stopped glowing.

"I think I'm part angel." She smiled at him.

He smiled back right as she turned suddenly, her hand flung out effortlessly. An arrow, aimed for his back, was flung towards the sender. Dream gasped as it pierced his throat and fell. But a gasp echoed his as another arrow, fired a second after the first, found her chest. Techno caught her as he stared at the weapon in shock. Blood started to stain her dress as she gasped for air.

"We-" She coughed. "We have to get to Wilbur." Not answering, he picked her up bridal style and made a dash for the portal. I didn't think I'd die today.... She thought as darkness began to close around her.

(Dream's POV)
It had pierced his neck. He knew he'd be dead in a few seconds. But he began to wonder as he heard footsteps far away if he'd actually die. He was technically a god. He had fulfilled his duty to cause chaos. What else could he have done? He almost killed another god and might have killed an angel.

Blood gurgled up his throat as he felt his vision go and his ability to move.

Maybe in another world he could have been something else. Something better. But this was fate. He let out his last breath, regretting his life.

(Techno's POV)
Why won't they let me see her? He anxiously thought. He was pacing in front of that same healing room as before. He had brought her to the castle when it was night. She was nearly gone, but Wilbur didn't panic and was still in there. It had been like an hour. He ignored the nurse's suggestion to rest so he didn't disturb his shoulder. He had more pressing matters.

Suddenly, the door opened and he looked up. Will was standing at the door, his jacket had been discarded and he had a simple white shirt on. The former noticed a bit of blood on it.

"She's alive." Techno let out a sigh of relief at his words. "But she's in a coma. I don't know when she'll wake up. The wound was rather severe, so it might pain her for the rest of her life." He nodded to his friend's words. "You can come see her before I show you to your room." He slipped past the prince into the dimly lit room. She seemed rather peaceful in the candlelight. Bandages were wrapped around her middle and her wings. He stepped close and kissed her forehead.

"See you soon, (Y/n)." He whispered and followed Wilbur. He didn't catch the smile that appeared on her face, even in that state, because for once, everything was okay.

A/n: Eeeeeee, I love climaxes so much. Hahaha, I almost waited to publish this till tomorrow but my favorite song came on and I decided to be nice.

980 reads? What the actual heck? I love you all. 💕

I'll write an epilogue soon. I wasn't expecting it to be this short, but hey, that's just how it played out. Thanks again for reading!