Chapter 5

(Techno's POV)
He saw her suddenly become frozen. In a instant, he had caught her as she fell. The paleness of her skin scaring him almost as much as her slow pulse as he grabbed her wrist.

Did we do this?...Help her!...Run....

Shut up, you're only giving me a headache!

He quickly picked her up and grabbed his mask. Sprinting down the hall with a girl in his arms was definitely a new experience. At least he remembered where the infirmary was. He thought he might have seen someone in a door as he ran down the red carpeted hall.

He finally slowed as the white door came in sight. He glanced down at (Y/n) again as he pushed it open. A nurse looked up and gasped, taking in the scene.

"She collapsed in the garden." He huffed out, sweat moistened his brow, more from worry than exercise though.

The nurse wasted no time in opening another door, motioning for him to follow. Unsure, but hopeful, he did. She pointed to a bed in the corner of a small room and he gently laid the pale princess down.

"Come along with me." Said the nurse, tugging at his sleeve. "The episode will pass soon, just like before."

"Before?" He asked as they stepped out. Why didn't she tell me?

Secrets are dangerous....Protect her....Is she okay even?!..

"Yeah-" but she was suddenly cut off as the main door opened quickly.

"I saw...you running." Gasped out an out of breath Wilbur. "What happened?" The nurse just shook her head at his state.

"She had another episode." She told him as he stood up from grabbing his knees. Techno glanced between the two. I hate not knowing what's going on.

Wilbur just nodded to her response. He glanced at the pigman and must have caught something there. "Go back to work, Susan. I'll keep an eye on her and our guest." She nodded and sat back down at her desk. "Come with me."

And Techno was back in the small, gray room. Wilbur had walked over to his sister after closing the door. He leaned against the bed and started to play with her soft (h/c) hair.

"I'm sorry for not telling you of her....condition, I guess." He glanced up as Techno walked over. He shifted uncomfortably under his expectant gaze. "It started last year, not long after her eighteenth birthday. She suddenly collapsed after a large storm. For a whole week after that, she couldn't talk. After that, it happened at random times,, sometimes with odd side effects. Father is convinced this is her coming of age blessing somehow. More like a curse." He added bitterly.

"Coming of age blessing?" He asked as he slowly processed this new information. Wilbur nodded.

"Yeah, our family was blessed a long time ago by the gods above so whenever someone in our bloodline turns eighteen, they receive some type of blessing....or curse." He glanced at his sister, who shifted in her sleep. Her wings were twitching slightly.

Odd....Something isn't right....Can we help?...

((Y/n) POV)
She peeked out into the endless sky of stars as she sat on the infinite plain of glass. I hate this place. She cursed silently to herself. Why do I always come here?! She finally stood up and tried to make sense of where she was.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Your Highness. Whispered a voice, but it sounded like a shout in the silence. But my plans have been made for too long for you to ruin them.

"Who are you?" She asked. A laugh echoed back. "What do you want with me?" She detected an emotion now in the air, it spoke of amusement.

'What do I want?' You ask. Hm....I want you to stay put. She could almost make out a shadow amoung the stars. If your gift had been almost anything else, I would not have to do this, but unfortunately your gift would not have worked in my favor. She blinked, trying to pinpoint the person speaking.

"Could just let me go-" But she was cut off as a searing pain cut through her body. She clutched her head as everything slowly blurred.

Remember to keep your mouth shut. Was all she got from the ominous voice as she was pulled back into reality.

The first sensation she got as the darkness faded was of someone holding her. The warmth of breath on her cheek as tears fell slowly. She sobbed into whoever was there as pain wracked her body, but especially from her dominant hand. It felt like it had been crushed by something.

"It's all right, (Y/n)." Soothed the person holding her. She felt him shift slightly, letting her head rest on his chest. "Breathe slowly. Match my own." Slowly, but surely, her sobs calmed and she finally opened her eyes. And red ones met her (e/c) ones. His white shirt was damp from her tears.

"Oh, Techno." Came a half-choked sob. "Everything hurts." Her wings wrapped around the two as they sat in the chilly room.

"I'm sorry." He whispered into her ear. She was clutching his shirt now. I never want to go back. But she was overwhelmed with a sense of dread that it couldn't be stopped. "Where does it hurt most?" He asked quietly, a he wiped her tears with his thumb.

"My-my arm." She responded. She tried to move it to show him, but it remained limp on her now stained dress. He saw her face pale again as she stared at it. Infinitely gentle, he picked it up in his own. She cringed as pain shot up it. She looked up at him to see he was watching the door. It creaked as Wilbur stepped in. He had two apples in his hands, but they were forgotten when he saw her condition.

"(Y/n)!" He felt her forehead as she vaguely smiled at him. "Anything out of place?" His voice was as calming as Techno's touch as she grasped his white top.

"I can't move my hand..." She bit her lip in pain as Techno moved it to show Will.

"I can try to heal it if you want." She nodded quickly. He brought his hand closer to it and simultaneously they began to glow. She cringed as a weird feeling began to grow in it. She glanced at Techno to see awe in his eyes, though his face remained impassive. Does he know about our gifts? A memory of darkness came as she remembered the voice speaking of her gift....that she couldn't use. "How does that feel?" He asked as he move his hand away.

"I can move it now." She said with a hitch in her voice. "But it still hurts." He nodded grabbing a roll of bandages.

"I'll put a protective wrap over it for now." She nodded as he did. "Techno, can you carry her to her room with me? We can get a maid to help her rest from there." The other male nodded. Taking care not to jostle his special cargo, they walked out of the infirmary and down the hall.

"Sorry about your shirt." She whispered as they got closer to her room. "I really didn't want this to happen while you were here. This is why I've been avoiding all the council meetings for the past year."

"It's no big deal about my shirt." He said, smiling sadly at her. "Just rest up and we can talk when you feel better." She nodded slowly as sleep started to claim her. "Sleep well, (Y/n)." She smiled as everything slipped away into peace.

A/n: Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all the reads! You all are poggers! Don't let anyone tell you differently. Also, I'm online almost every night if anyone needs someone to chat to. Hope y'all have an awesome day/night. Love you all. 💕
Also my health app told me to drink water and so should you! Stay healthy. (: