Chapter 3

( (Y/n) POV)

She stifled a yawn as the council kept talking about different areas of the treaty. In reality, can't we just say everything is good and all? She complained in her mind. They kept going on about trading and travel and who knows what all. Her wings were twitching with pent up energy. She needed exercise, adrenaline, fun even. But not boring meetings.

She stared out the window as the leaves slowly came down outside. She tensed as she sense someone looking at her. She took a glance and smiled at her correct guess of who it was. She might not have been able to see his eyes well, but the way his cheeks slightly reddened gave him away.

"....time to call it a day. We can continue tomorrow." She finally caught her father say. The members and Lord Arane got up and left. Techno stayed standing, waiting. "Is there something you need?" Philza asked, smiling at the boy.

"No, it's just Prince Wilbur said he would spar with me." Will smiled sadly when he said that.

"Well, unfortunately, I can't keep my promise. Another matter has come to my attention. I'm sure (Y/n) would happily do it though." His eyes begging his sister to accept.

"Sure, I'm not busy." She said. Techno nodded and finally left.

"I'm so going to watch you beat him up." Said Tommy, finally awake from his nap on his throne. His white and red t-shirt was quite wrinkled.

She laughed and with that the twins left. She found him already in the sparring area. His cloak was thrown on one of the hooks inside. She copied him with her light blue one and grabbed a wooden sword. Taking a ready stance, she waited for him to move.

"You have an odd stance..." He commented, adjusting his sword grip. I know what he's doing. "It would probably be better if you stood farther apart."

"Really." In a flash, she had closed the distance and he blocked it briefly before returning it.

"Almost had me there." He commented as they locked blades again.

"Good to know." She breathed out. And so it continued. Neither giving in as the hour slowly passed until finally, one slipped.

(Y/n) had been sweating profusely, despite the cool air coming through the pavilion. The intensity of the battle had now gotten to her and Techno, seeing an opening, sent her sword spinning across the floor. She stood there gasping with her hands in the air.

"Well that was exhilarating." He said as he put his sword away.

"No kidding." She grabbed hers and followed suit. She noticed that Tommy had left sometime during the match, probably bored by its length. "Want to head to the garden to cool off? I can braid your hair again." She offered as she noticed his attempt from that morning.

He removed his mask, unexpectedly, and smiled at her. "Sure, let's go." They found their previous spot and got comfy. She slowly undid his hair and combed through it with her fingers. A comfortable silence settled between them as he began to twist flowers together.

"Hey, Techno..." He hummed in response. "How'd you get this scar?" She asked as she gently traced a finger along his neck. It was long and pale. His shoulders fell slightly as he sighed.

"I'll tell you if you tell me how you got that one on your arm." She glanced at her wrist and cringed away.

"I got it when I first tried flying around the age of ten. I wasn't with Dad and I fell off the balcony. A tree caught most of me, but I still fell until I landed on my wrist. It broke and my skin tore. It took a long time to heal...." He glanced over his shoulder as she slowly braided his hair.

"I got mine from the king." She paused when he said that. The king? "I have been a part of his revenue since I was very young. At one point, I was his, let's say squire, but more like servant. He had been drinking one night from the ale we received from your world. I came to help him to bed since it was late. But instead of accepting it, he resisted." His head lowered as she tied off the end. She slowly began to rub his shoulders. "He didn't recognize me and drew his sword. It was so unexpected and I was so unprepared that I was severely injured. I might have died if the actual servants hadn't heard the ruckus."

"That sounds horrible." She said softly. He looked at her and all he could see was the complete sympathy and kindness in her (e/c) eyes. "I'm sorry."

They sat in silence for awhile, each with their own thoughts. He shifted and was about to try and lighten the mood when they heard a quick step.

"Your Highness!" It was Kara again. They both stood quickly when they heard the panic in her voice. "Come quickly! To the Throne Room!" They shared a glance and he grabbed his mask. Side by side, they ran to see what had happened.

He pushed the door open and let her in. She nodded her thanks as she approached her family. What happened? Wilbur was tapping his foot anxiously while Tommy was squirming on his throne. Her father had a very dark expression. That's when the fear really hit her.

Lord Arane was sitting quietly with his son off to the side. As she sat on her throne and adjusted her wings, she noticed the soldier sitting nearby, covered in dirt and ashes.

"You may deliver your message now." His voice was neutral, but (Y/n) knew better.

He spoke up with a tremble in his voice. "I was sent with my fellow guards to greet the queen and escort her back." (Y/n) paled as did Will. "As we traveled, we noticed a plume of dark smoke. We approached it and it was the royal carriage." Philza stood up immediately, fury written in his every feature. Oh no. Her thoughts whispered. "We came to it to look for survivors, but we were fired upon from the trees. I was the only survivor, and this was all I could find at the wreck." He reached into a previously hidden satchel and pulled out a golden crown inlaid with many gemstones, smudged with ash. (Y/n) couldn't breathe. Everything was silent. Phil grabbed the crown as the tears began to fall down his cheeks.

However, he blinked them away to see something engraved in the inner gold. It read:

For the Prince of the Nether.

And he threw it. It clattered to the floor. (Y/n) leaped to grab it, before it came to more harm. She stared at the engraving. The smooth edges of the writing stood out to her for some reason.

"This is what I get?!" He shouted pointing his finger at Arane. "I go about making peace and you kill my wife?!"

"What are you talking about?" The baron jumped up his face red with anger. "My people would never do something like this!"

"It says, 'For the Prince of the Nether.' " Phil said. He suddenly unsheathed his netherite sword. "Get out." His voice went dangerously low. "Get out now. If I find you or anyone of your people in my kingdom before sundown, I'll take my blade to them." Arane grabbed his son's arm and ran. But (Y/n) still caught his eye.

"I'm so sorry, Dad." Wilbur was saying as he embraced the older man.

"Me too, son. Me too." He embraced all his children. Why would they do this? Was all (Y/n) could think though.

Not an hour later, Techno and his father had left. But before he did, (Y/n) had snuck into his room.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered as they embraced. Her eyes were still red with crying. "I think this...this...farce of us doing it is complete crap."

"Are you sure?" She glanced at his scar on his neck as she touched it. He sighed. It spoke of doubt and fear.

"I don't know what's going on. But I hope I can see you again soon." He said as they pulled away. He paused as he grabbed his satchel of clothing. "Here." He tossed her a bag. She peeked inside and found a small ruby pendant. "I'll ask for it back when I see you again." He smiled a little sadly at her. "See you soon." He said as she put it around her neck. Tears filled her eyes again as he left the room.

I hope we solve this soon. He's a good friend....

That was three years ago, not long before the overworld people declared war. She hadn't seen or heard from him since....

(Plot time, pog. Lol. Anyway, I got lots of school, so I'll head out. Yes, even around Christmas. Lucky me, right? Remember to eat good food. I love y'all. 💕)