Chapter 8

Tw: There's some violence and blood near the beginning. And some fluff. 💙
((Y/n) POV)
She awoke with a start from her bed. Sweat trickled down her face as she glanced around the cold, dark room. The moon could slightly be seen through the balcony curtains. Despite the quiet, she knew something was wrong.

In a flash, she was up and grabbing her scabbard with her sword. Her white gown practically flew behind her as her feet guided themselves. Is this my gift? Foresight? With that small black dots appeared in her vision. Not now! Hurrying ever faster, she sensed the danger up ahead. TECHNO! She mentally shouted, keeping the darkness at bay.

Without a thought, she crashed through the door, drawing her sword. And gasped at what she saw. What the-?

(New POV)
Just a little closer and it'll be done. He thought as he crept towards the sleeping Nether King. Master will be so pleased. But he pushed aside those feelings for now. Stealthily, he pulled out his knife, made from the finest steel, and approached the bed. His smile widened as he stalked ever closer. Master said to be as careful as possible.... The man finally held up his purplish hand with the knife over Technoblade. He paused as the king suddenly groaned and turned over. Before he could think twice, the door flew open and standing there was the princess. What?! How?! And that's how he failed.

With divine speed, she had slashed through his obsidian colored body with her sword and he fell over. I'm sorry, Master. Was all he thought as he died.

(Techno's POV)
He awoke with a start when he smelled blood. Strange blood, yes, but still blood. He sat up quickly and saw (Y/n) standing over something. Not something, someone. He stared at the almost assasin.

"(Y/n)?" She dropped her sword and looked at him.

Hurt?...Blood....Enderman?...Huh?!..

"Oh, Techno." She dove into his arms. Her hair was a mess as he put his face in her (h/c) tangles. "I woke up feeling off and somehow I knew you were in trouble."

"You saved me...." She only hugged him tighter.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Her voice hitched slightly with emotions. He smiled into her hair. Slowly, they let each other go. He glared at the corpse. Why would an enderman try to murder me?

He got up and nudged the body with his boot. Purple blood leaked from the wound in his chest. He glanced back at (Y/n). Her face was pale.

"Is your father awake, per chance?" She shrugged in response.

"We should probably go tell him." Her hand grasped his when she said that. She quietly led him down the hall. This is near her room, if I remember correctly. She lightly tapped on the door. "Dad?" It opened and the king stood in the entrance. He looked almost intimidating as he looked at his odd visitors.

"(Y/n)? Technoblade?" He glanced between the two, eyeing their hands entwined. "What's going on?"

"Someone tried to kill me." He stepped forwards. Phil was taken aback. "It was an enderman assasin."

"I-wha-?" He took a deep breath then looked at her. "Why are you here then?" She glanced at the floor so Techno spoke up.

"She saved me. Her gift for coming of age was foresight." Phil closed his eyes trying to take in all the information. She blushed at his bluntness.

"Let's go take a look." He glided out into the hall. Techno started to follow when she pulled on his hand. His red eyes flashed briefly with concern.

"Don't let go of my hand." Her (e/c) eyes begged. "I can see darkness around me." He embraced her.

"I won't let you go." He felt her hands on his back. "I promise." He whispered. Taking her hand again, he lead her down the hall. Back in his room, purple blood from the assasin had dripped all over the floor where he had fallen. She paled at the sight and clutched his hand tighter.

"I'm not sure what to make of this." The king paused. "Any of this." He eyed their hands again. He sighed and put his face in his palms. "Let's wait for daylight to sort out the enderman thing. I'll show you to a new room."

"I'm fine for now, actually. I can just go read in the library until dawn." Phil nodded at his suggestion.

"Well, goodnight then. I wish I could do more." He glanced around more. "There's obviously something going on." He walked out with a small wave. She smiled up at Techno as they sauntered down the hall, hand in hand.

"I didn't know you were a reader." She hummed. He pulled out some round glasses from a pocket in his loose white shirt.

"Well now you do." They entered the dark library. He lit a lantern and opened a curtain as she followed, careful to not let go. He found a couch and sat down with a book called the Art of War. "Are you comfortable?" He asked as she cuddled closer.

Her only response was her head hitting his shoulder. He glanced over at his companion. (Y/n) already seemed to be asleep, with her hand locked in his and her shoes on the floor. He smiled as he pushed his glasses up on his nose.

"Sleep well, love." He whispered as he began to read his book.

((Y/n) POV)
She blinked awake, again, to hear a steady heartbeat next to her. Sunlight was beginning to peek through the window as she remembered the previous night. She lifted her head, (h/c) waves moving like a curtain. Techno has fallen asleep, his head slightly leaned back. She smiled as she felt her hand in his. He had kept his promise and the darkness away.

She slipped her shoes on, but wasn't ready to leave him yet. She picked up his book from where it had fallen. Placing it on a table, she noticed his face had turned slightly toward her. Her hand found its way to his cheek. Her thumb tracing a scar.

"I love you." She kissed his cheek. Somehow, he smiled in his dreams. Suddenly, the door slammed open as she pulled away.

"OH TECHNO!" Tommy yelled. He groaned next to her. That crazy child. She sighed mentally. "WAKE UP!"

"Tommy, I was wide awake before you started screaming." He said, groggy with sleep.

"Awww. Come on. I want to go spar before you go." He said, with puppy eyes.

"Alright." He replied with a yawn. "We'll meet with your dad later, (Y/n)." She nodded. They stood up together. Tommy ran out, shouting with joy. "I'll see you later. Maybe go rest in the garden for a bit?"

"Okay." She said quietly. Before she could pull away, he kissed her forehead. Her cheeks became rose tinted.

"Stay out of trouble." She nodded as he walked away to find the child. She let out a shaky breath as he disappeared. I'm a mess. She smiled though as she thought back. But a good mess. Then she left, shutting the door behind her as she went to find some more peace.

A/n: Hey! I was feeling better so I thought I'd surprise you guys. I think I know (finally) where I want this story to go. I was a little conflicted at first. Anyway, drink lots of water and rest up. Love y'all to pieces. 💕

Over 400 reads?!?!?! Am I seeing things?!?!?! Thank you all so much!!! Have an amazing week, everyone!!! 💕

(Fluff clup supremacy 💙)