Chapter 4

( (Y/n) POV)
Her wings slightly sunk as she watched the leaves begin their dance on the winds again. Another year had passed since the war began. And we still haven't resolved a thing. But, soon, hopefully, we can sort this out. After the first year of fighting, Phil had finally realized the foolhardiness of continuing. He still wanted retribution, but he saw that war wasn't the way. But the Pigmen were fueled by something and rejected any ideas of peace. Until, one day, a letter arrived.

Queue Flashback!

She was sitting in their spot again. She always sat there when she was tired. Out of the blue, a chest appeared. She gasped and jumped up. Purple particles floated around it. What in the world? An endermail chest?! Unsure, she opened it. Inside of it was a letter. She took it out and the purple chest disappeared. Suspicious, she looked over the gold-sealed envelope. It was addressed to the king.

Dashing, she made it to the throne room. Phil glanced up at her sudden entrance. The bags under his eyes and his messy hair spoke of restless nights. But before he could say anything, she held up the envelope.

"This just arrived." His eyes widened as he took it. Wilbur stared as well.

"This is the royal seal of the King of the Nether...." He said slowly.

"Really?" Her wings rose slightly in hope. Her father opened it as she and her brother watched. The letter was prettily illuminated. It's message was simple though. The king was coming himself to finally talk of peace and establish a treaty. "Wow." She breathed.

"I wonder what changed...." Murmured Wilbur. She glanced over at him. He had become more of a recluse during the war. Well, they all had, but he had often been found by servants in the library, studying at ungodly times.

"I guess we'll see." Said Phil. "Better get this castle clean. It says he'll be here in a few days." She nodded as he stood up. "I'm off to stretch my wings." And with that he left.

"I'll go tell Tommy." She offered. Will just nodded.

End Flashback!

She saw them coming before the others did. Sitting atop the roof had its advantages. She could make out four horses, but she couldn't make out anything else with all the dust they were causing.

She glided down to her room, where a dress was laid on her bed.

(Looks like this.)

She slipped it on quickly and decided to be the dignified nineteen year old she should be and slowly made her way to the front of the castle

She slipped it on quickly and decided to be the dignified nineteen year old she should be and slowly made her way to the front of the castle. Servants were no where in sight. They must have gotten here then. She thought as she adjusted her crown. (It's the same as before, of course.)

Her elegant walk stopped though as she came to the grand staircase near the entrance. Standing in the door with Wilbur was the king. His deep voice echoed in the large room as the door shut behind him. His red cloak swirled behind him as he and the crown prince made their way farther inside. But when he glanced up at her, surprise colored her features as he smiled.

"It's been awhile, Princess." She examined him more as he came closer. The hair was the same, it was even braided like she taught him. The only thing really changed was his height and a gold crown.

"Technoblade?" She finally asked, as she walked slowly down the stairs. Her wings trembled in excitement? Shock? She wasn't sure. Wilbur smiled at them as the finally came face to face. Why did he have to get so tall? "It's been three years. I really thought you would have come sooner." Her tone was slightly accusatory.

He raised his hands slightly. "I was kept locked away for awhile, and then I took over, and then I had to deal with politics. So you can say I was busy." She finally smiled at him.

"Oh alright." And she hugged him. A little shocked, he took time to hug back. "I missed you." She whispered in his ear. Wilbur cleared his throat. She blushed as they release each other.

"Let's head on to the throne room." Said Will, leading Techno away. But he glanced back as he was led away. She got the memo.

Not an hour later, they were sitting in their spot. His crown sat on the bench as she braided his hair. She hummed to a simple song as she twisted flowers into it.

"I really needed this." She sighed out as she tied the braid.

"This war hasn't been kind to any of us." He commented quietly. "But I know what's going on and I'm going to stop it." He smiled as she slowly rubbed circles on his shoulders.

"We can discuss it tomorrow. For now, let's try to be happy. After three years, it seems not much has changed." She said, placing the crown on top of his pink hair.

"No, (Y/n), things have changed." He turned his head to look at her as he took off his mask. "When I look at you, you seem much more in control of yourself. Your emotions have been hidden behind a wall few can break. Your eyes sparkle from unshed tears." Their gazes locked, she slowly brought her hand up and traced gently along a new scar. It was over the bridge of his nose.

"I guess you're right. You've changed as well." He flinched slightly as she touched another scar near his scalp. "You show a smoothness and grace in your words and actions that is new. You are less paranoid over little noises, or at least you show it less. Physically, you went from a skinny teenager to a well-built man." And they laughed together.

"But tell me. Why weren't you there when I greeted your father?" She cringed as he said this. But instead of answering she simply stood up and walked towards the orchard. Should I tell him? "(Y/n)?" She didn't respond, but kept walking, the shuffling of leaves beneath her silver gown barely audible.

He got up and followed the princess. Side by side, they walked in silence. She glanced over at him. He was fidgeting with the sleeve of his poet's shirt. Just like at the banquet, when they danced all night. She paused in remembrance.

"Will you dance with me again?" She asked as his red eyes locked on to hers. His confusion showed briefly, but he took her hand in his and slowly began to sway. Her other hand found his shoulder and his, her back. Her wings slightly tickled his fingers as they swept along the path. A melody all their own playing in their heads. Her smile wasn't fooling the young king though as they spun about. Something was up. He opened his mouth as they slowed to a stop, about to ask.

"YOOOO! IT'S TECHNOBLADE!" It was Tommy. She sighed as the loud blonde ran up.

"Hey, Tommy." He responded as they separated.

"COME WITH ME! I WANT TO BEAT YOU IN SPARRING!" He was practically trying to drag the older male. He pushed off the prince though.

"How about in a little bit?" He offered.

"Alright." He kind of sighed. "I'll be waiting!" And he was off across the garden. Techno turned to (Y/n). She was half smiling.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked quietly.

"I...I don't know." Confusion came into his eyes again. I really want to, but every time I try, my voice fails.

"It's okay. You don't have to." He said about to walk away.

"That's not-" Then she felt it again. Her vision was going dark, the voice was calling again.

Sorry, Princess, can't have any secrets out.

She felt herself crumple and everything went silent.

A/n: Hey everyone!!!! Thanks for all the reads! I love y'all so much. 💕 Remember to stay healthy!
Side note that's kind of silly. I took a fan made quiz on who my dsmp lover would be and I got the child. Like come on, quiz maker! It said we should, quote on quote, have our alone time together. Bruh!