T W E N T Y - F O U R

// SUN'S KISS \\

// SUN'S KISS \\

Edward had finally made it to Brazil and he waited for a while. He had no destination and he had no thoughts of Returning to Forks, Washington, within the month or within the next.

He looked at the sun that blared through the forest he was currently in. He decided he may as well take a hike through the woods before heading towards his room, which he'd probably stay holed up in until he can face to go back to his family and possibly Forks.

Edward knew before he got close to Bella that it would be dangerous to have her know what he and his family was, but he couldn't help it. He thought she were his mate, only to be disappointed at finding out she wasn't.

Edward glanced at the tree's vibrant green leaves, the lively bark and listened to the grasshoppers as they cricket and the other insects that rummaged around the forest floor.

He took in a deep breath, not that he needed to, and sighed. He had just...up and left after what happened at the party. He wasn't ashamed at how Jasper acted, nor hoe Seraphina had, however, he was ashamed that he had thrown Bella into the table. That made the sitaution worse.

Edward heard the rustle within the trees before he saw the blur of yellow and black.

"You're in my woods." A female voice called out from behind him, causing Edward to turn in alarm. There, standing in front of him was a woman. She had blonde hair that was delicately curled and landed down her mid back. Her eyes were blue but they had flekcs of gold in them, and for a moment, Edward thought of Seraphina. He had left her alone with only Jasper and Bella and the Wolves of Forks to keep her company.

"I didn't realise this land was claimed." Edward smirked, although he kept a stony gaze within his eyes. He felt a slight connection to her, like you would when you met your mate.

"Well, now you know." The woman smiled sweetly, although you could see that it was a half-assed one. "Now you can bugger off."

"Who are you?" Edward asked, intruiged by her attitude.

"I'm Charlotte Evans." She introduced, holding her hand out. Edward hesitantly accepted the hand and shook it. Charlotte didn't reel back at the coldness of his skin, but she did smile slightly. A genuine, small smile.

"Edward Cullen." Charlotte found herself staring at Edward's eyes, taking the golden ember that was his iris.

"You have a funny eye colour." She commented, releasing Edward's hand and seemed to bounce her weight - not that she had a lot of it - from one foot, to the other. Edward was completely entranced, he didn't understand why.

"I do? I think it might just be the...fluorescence." Edward tried to lie but Charlotte smiled.

"I have a gift for picking out the liars, Edward." She smirked. "I know you are lying."