Chapter 2

~ { Skye's POV } ~ 

After Breakfast, I decide to go out shopping for skates, cause I can't skate without skates! "Hello Ma'am! Do you have Skates for dogs?" I ask the lady behind the counter. "We Just got them in stock! I'll go get them!" She insisted. I wait there for the lady to return. 

I get distracted by a lady and her child. They were buying items. The child had on a T-shirt with me and Chase on it. "Oh Ryder." I whisper. The lady then returns with a pair of Skates in her hand. "That will be 34 dollars please." She says as she bends down to me. I reach into my sweater pocket and pull out the same amount. 

She then hands me the skates and takes the money. "Thank you and have a great day!" She waves goodbye as I exit the store. Alright step one is complete. Time for Step two, actually Skate. I sigh and start to walk to the Skating ranch. 

As  I finally arrive to it, I see a huge Plastic Sign Above the doors saying "Welcome To Adventure Bay's First Skating Ranch!". 'Cool.' I whisper under my breath. I walk in the Wide open doors, to find a bunch of people talking, skating and just having fun. 

"Wow." I mumble under my Breath I look around in amazement. It looked beautiful. "Maybe I should wait this out." I said talking to myself. 

"Skye!"

I turn to see who was calling me. "Everest?!" I call out, I get greeted with a warm hug. "Hey Everest! I didn't know you were gonna be here in Adventure Bay!" I was shocked. Not only to see my best friend but not knowing she was coming. "Sorry I didn't tell you! I was just so Excited to see there was going to be a skating ranch here!" Everest said Excitedly. "Wait, you skate!?" I said in shock, letting go of the hug. 

"Yup! I actually was trained by a professional skater!" Everest admits. My Jaw drops. "Can you teach me?!" I said holding her two front paws in the air. "Of course! Anything for you!" Everest agrees. "Yay!" I say jumping for joy. We both go out into the Ranch. Lets just say, I fell more then Marshall does in a day. And thats alot.

But before I knew it. I started to get the hang of it! 

~ { 3 weeks later } ~

After Everest has been training me whenever she could, I've gotten alot better! I've put on a mask to keep my identity secret since I didn't really like attention. I noticed that people start to disappear around 6:50. So It gives me time to really Skate for awhile until I get called back by Ryder. Everest suggests that I should compete in competitions but I declined. It was only a hobby for me, and I still had the Paw Patrol.  

~ { Currently 7:00 pm } ~

I was about to open the door to the Ranch until I saw, him. He was skating around so elegantly, and had amazing posture. He was skating like he was in a International Competition, and he was the finalist. "Wow." I whisper under my breath. 

He then turns to me, but his face was covered. He backed away in the different direction. I think I startled him. "H-hey No! It's alright! I though your Skating was Amazing. No Better then Amazing!" I say trying to stop him from skating away. He pulled out a small white notebook and started writing. 

He held the Notebook up high so I could Read it. "Thanks." I read. "What's your name?" I say skating towards him. I stop a few feet from him to make him feel comfortable. He starts to Write down something. 

"I can't tell you." I read outloud. "Oh alright. I'm Skye, by the way" I say comforting him. He starts to write again. "Are you "Skye" From the Paw patrol?" I read. I nod frantically. He seemed to calm down a little more. He then looks at the clock on the wall then looks back at me. 

He starts to scribble down more words. 'Do you want to Skate with me?' I read in my thoughts. "Sure!" I agree with him. He looked oddly familiar. Even though I don't know what kind of dog he was. I mean, I knew a lot of dogs in my life, before and still in the Paw patrol.

We had started of skating away from each other, but as time passed, we got closer. Physically and as dogs. I watched as how he skated like a free soul and as if nothing could break this. HE had looked up to the clock once again and stopped. He pulled out his Notebook and started to scribble down words. 

"I need to go now. Sorry, It was fun skating with you." I read outloud. "Maybe we can do this again sometime?" I suggested. He then looks at me and nods. He started to skate away to the exit and grabbed all his belongs and rushed out of the Ranch. 

                                                   I think I found Myself a New Best friend.