Chapter 8

Skye's POV 

I was running, as fast as I could. 'If I don't make it he could die.' I thought. My little legs we going as fast as they could, but not fast enough. "Come On!" I said shouting in frustration. The others were right behind me. Following, I needed to get there fast. 

'He could die because of me.'  I thought, I felt as if my legs went faster. I was picking up speed, and quick. I then see a dog with a blue collar around his neck, in my view. I was close. I could make it. 

His head then turned to me, It was painful to see him slowly dying In Front of my eyes. 

"S-Skye?" I hear her call out. I then arrive next to his, tears running down my cheeks. "Don't speak please. " I begged, he plastered a smile onto his face. "I'm sorry." He apologized. 

"No, don't you leave me!" I shouted, he was still smiling at me. Marshall had then slid next to him. Doing the best he could to keep him alive. "I'm sorry guys." He apologized again. 

"No don't you say that. Don't you say one more word!"  I say hoping. He then Chuckled, he was crying as well. Nobody couldn't. 

"We both know I can't ." He said, tears running down his cheeks but still had a smile on his face. Everybody then stood or sat around him. 

"I'm sorry." He repeated. "Your such a idiot." I whispered to myself. "I know." He then closed his eyes and took his final breath. "I know." He repeated. 

"Chase?!" I said shaking him. More tears started to flow down my face. Ryder had refused to look at him. Rocky and Zuma were Crying, Marshall was just...Paralyzed and Rubble was trying to comfort Ryder. 

"Chase!" 

End of the Dream.   { I was trying not to cry while making the dream Scene . }

I woke up, in a puddle of tears. I looked around my pup house, realizing it was only a Dream. I had been having horrible nightmares of Chase dying recently. A light knock on the door arised.

"Hello?" I said wiping tears from my eyes. "Skye, its Me. Everest, its time to go..OH.." She said opening my door to see my eyes red from crying. "Skye are you ok?" Everest asked concerned. 

"Yeah just a horrible nightmare." I explained. I rub my eyes, making it less pink in the process. "Oh Alright." She said leaning of the door of my pup house. She then glanced over my shoulder, then started to smile deviously.  

"What?" I say confused. I turn around and to look at my scrapbook wide open. "Ah, poop." I say under my breath, my face then turned the color of my eyes, if not darker. "I've been wondering what was in that thing." She said looking at it closer. 

"Yeah, Yeah. Lets just go." I say grabbing my bag and exiting my pup house with Everest following. In a distance I see Marshall and Chase play fighting. "Hey guys!" I shout to greet them. They then stop completely and look over towards me and Everest. 

"Morning!" They greet back. Then the jump up onto their feet, and we head into the lookout. "Morning pups!" Ryder greets, putting away his Phone. Rocky, Zuma and Rubble then comes up from behind Ryder.

"Morning guys! Aren't you Excited?" Rocky says, wagging his tail fast. "Yeah!" Marshall and Chase say in sync. 

"Alright pups, let's head out. But first I'll get Skates!" Ryder says heading out the door. "Actually Ryder, they have skates for dogs at the Ranch!" I mentioned. I should of known that before I bought my own. 

He then turns towards me and gives me a Warm smile. "Then let's go!" We all howled in excitement as we follow him out the door. We jump into our vehicles and off we go. 

After a few minutes of driving, we made it. "Wow!" Rocky and Zuma said together, while getting a good look of the outside. "You'll be more in "Awe" Once you see the inside." I say walking into the door. Ryder then opens it for everybody and their in amazement. 

 "Cool right?" Everest says, putting down her bag by a near by empty table. "It really is!" Marshall says sitting down in the chairs arranged. Everest then takes out a pair of Light blue and White skates.

 I place my bag onto the table, and take out a Pink and White skates, with a neon strip down the blades. "Cool." Rubble says mesmerized by them. "Thanks!" Everest and I say in sync. We then place them on and await for the others to get theirs too.

Chase then places his bag onto the table, and takes out Blue skates with cool designs on them. They look somewhat similar the M.S' but I haven't gotten a good look at his so I shrugged it off. 

"Alright pups, I'm going with Rocky, Zuma, Marshall and Rubble are going to get their skates, we'll see you on the ranch." We nodded as we watch them disappear into the crowd. "Let's head onto the Field guys!" I joked. We then head onto the field of ice, realizing there was few people. 

Fewer people usually. "Alright!" Everest said, skating without failing. "I'm gonna go skate!" We then watch her skate to the other side, doing tricks while so. 

"So, are you good at Skating?" I said skating around Chase. "Yup." I was not expecting that. He then did skated around, doing a few small tricks. It felt familiar, it looked like M.S was skating. He had the body structure but I had to be sure.

"Didn't know you could Skate."I say puzzled. "Actually, before I was in the Paw patrol. I competed in Nationals." He revealed. "Wow." I say shocked. I just look at him blankly, only seeing M.S. Chase then Skates up to me with a smile on his face. 

"So, you wanna Skate with me?"Chase said, extending one of his paws out I gladly took. "I would love to."