1. Thirty Somethings ♡︎

Friday— March 2, 2018

Zora Monet Laguerre

Zora stepped out of her all white Rolls Royce, her black YSL stiletto heels hitting the charcoal pavement beneath her feet. She reached back into her car for her bag that matched the shoes on her feet. She wore a couture skirt and blazer set and her 26" jet black frontal had deep body wave curls that perfectly framed her face with not one single hair out of place. She looked perfect, just like she always does.

"Take care of her," she handed her keys to the valet driver.

"Of course Ms. Laguerre," he nodded his head, still so enamored by how amazing the woman looks every single day, even though he's been parking her car for over a year now. "And happy birthday!" He called after her as she made her way to the building.

"Thank you love," she flashed him a perfect white smile. She brushed her long black hair back behind her shoulders as she continued on.

And that's exactly how everyone greeted her as she made her way all the way up to her office on the top floor of the 20 story structure that her family owns— but that was just a small part of her family's investments/business endeavors. And Zora personally occupies the top five floors, while they rent the lower office spaces out to other individuals and businesses.

"Happy birthday Zora," her personal assistant was standing at the door of her office with a coffee cup in one hand, a gift-bag in the other, and his iPad, with just about Zora's entire life on it, tucked under his arm. The young man stood with a smile on his face, his perfect teeth, thanks to three years of braces in high school, looking extra white against his brown skin. 

And much like Zora, and the rest of the company she keeps around her, he too looked perfect. He didn't have a single wrinkle on either his slacks or his freshly pressed button-up, and his very thick, and very curly hair was pulled back into a sleek ponytail.

"Thank you, Charles," she happily accepted the honey and oat milk latte being held out to her and took a sip before taking the gift.

"I'm surprised you actually came in," he opened the door to her office so she wouldn't have to. "I thought you'd want to spend the day getting ready for your party tonight."

"You know me, there's always work to be done Charles," she sat her gift and coffee down on her desk before pulling back her office chair and sitting down.

That's not completely the truth though. She came because she loves the attention she gets just from it being her birthday, not so much because she had work to do. Well, she does have work to do, but the office would have been just fine without her for a single day.

"What is this?" She inquired about the gift for the first time.

"It's a birthday present, obviously. I know it's not much, but I hope you still like it."