29. Sick Days ♡︎

"I can't believe you really did that shit

"I can't believe you really did that shit. I can't believe you really went and told everyone you know that I'm your girlfriend."

Ritchie placed her now empty champagne flute onto the table beside the leather lounge chair she was sitting in. Zora was sitting across her lap, with one leg crossed over the other and her arms loosely wrapped around Ritchie's neck.

Thé party was still in full swing, but Zora brought Ritchie upstairs to one of the bedrooms to get away from all of the commotion going on downstairs. Because once Zora officially announced that they were together, people (some of which Ritchie had never even met before) started to bombard her with a million questions at once. A lot of questions that Ritchie didn't really feel like answering.

"It's not like I've been hiding the fact that we're together," Zora responded. "But are you mad that I did it without talking to you first?"

"Nah, I'm not mad," Ritchie shook her head. "I like the gesture. But I do kinda wish you woulda given me a heads up. I coulda at least prepared myself for the questions your nosey ass friends were tryna ask me down there. I swear I was about to lose my mind if one more person asked me about Claire and if what happened at the fashion show was because of some love triangle bull shit."

"Yeah... sorry about that," Zora pouted. "I forget that people know we dated sometimes. Hell, I forgot about her my damn self."

"You know she bouta try and call you or something. She's gonna find a way to make a scene about this when she finds out. Probably gonna make it seem like you cheated on her or something."

"That's good for her. Does it look like I give a fuck what that bitch or anyone else thinks?"

"Well damn, Zee," Ritchie couldn't help but laugh at how she said it. "Charlie was right, you really have changed."

"I haven't changed, I'm still the same Zora I was before. I'm just done taking shit from people. I'm done letting people think they have any control over my life. It took me 33 years to realize it, but I don't need to prove myself to anyone. I don't need to bend over backward for people who don't actually give a shit about me and just pretend they love me."

"Not everyone is pretending you know. That night you were talking about how you love people so much that you willingly let them hurt you... I meant what I said in response to that. I'm not gonna hurt you, Zora."

"I know. I'll admit that I was a little hesitant at first, but I 100% believe and trust that you really mean it when you say you won't ever do anything to hurt me. I want to give every part of myself to you, not because I feel forced to like in the past, but because... because I really do love you, Rebecca."

Zora has a very bad habit of putting her all into relationships. She has a bad habit of giving everything just to receive nothing, but she wasn't scared to do it again, even after being hurt multiple times in the past. She wasn't scared because she truly believes that Ritchie is different. And Ritchie had done nothing but prove that she really is different every single day since that night they spent getting to know each other over a glass of wine at Zora's house.